samedi, novembre 26, 2005

In my wallet there is a picture of 3 of my friends from jr.high/high school and myself. On this picture are the words "friends forever."

HA.

i haven't talked to 2 out of the 3 of them for over a year. i'll even go as far as proposing that i haven't talked to them in a year and a half. And yet, for some reason, unbeknownst to me, each time i think about throwing the picture out, i stick it back into my wallet. preserving the memory. this in itself would be a good thing if the picture brought warm fuzzies. unfortunately, there are few good feelings brought about from looking at the picture.

just 3 girls who have moved on, forgotten about me or cut me out of their lives.

i suppose i wonder, how did they do that so easily? how did they let go, while i still have their picture in my wallet?

when i leave university, will i stick a picture of those i love in my wallet, only to pull it out 3 years later and know i have been forgotten by those in the picture? it saddens me, but maybe this too will be true. or maybe, even worse...i'll be the one who will forget, who will cut people out, and turn a smile, seemingly frozen on a picture, into a fleeting feeling.

but, before i forget. Cheers.

cheers to 2.5 years of great times. of fun times. cheers to friends who called every day while i cut msn (unsuccessfully..haha), to friends who wrote me letter after letter during my most recent one week msn hiatus, to friends who come to my house on a friday afternoon to fix my broken chair with a wrench ("don't WATCH ME!"), to being privileged to sit in the room next door and allow a friend and a half to take over my room and my computer in order to watch star wars. Cheers to friends who will clean my apartment with me to the backstreet boys. cheers to friends who will loan me seven dwarfs. cheers to 3-way phone calls--some which have been mayo, and others that entail listening to stories about planting and gardening for fifteen minutes. Cheers to hour long debates on church issues and to friends who will study Jeremiah in order to prove me wrong. Cheers to friends who will sit and talk until 5 in the morning when they're visiting Toronto. Cheers to blonde haired silly boys who provide good laughs at a diner on college street at 3am in the morning. Cheers to skydiving buddies, getting lost and sharing the gospel with people we picked up on the road on the way home from an unsuccessful potential skydiving day. Cheers to richard simmons.

There's more. but for now, this is good. maybe, the smile isn't so fleeting after all.

8 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Would I be a good half or a bad half of a friend?

Anonyme a dit...

cheers :)!!

lowonthego a dit...

mr. anonymous (i'm assuming you are who i think you are ^_^)

you are a bad half of a friend.

you used my dishes and then didn't wash them or take the pizza box down to recycling.










just kidding. you are a good half.

Anonyme a dit...

Grr. Had you shown where such recycling items had gone...I would have gladly done so. And I do recall you had some of that pizza too! Oh and that sink of yours was filled with dishes...

Anonyme a dit...

that was nice to read...
almost poetic...although it kind of made me feel like I was listening to something at a funeral...like reminiscing about old times...
but still nice =->
-Warren G.

lowonthego a dit...

hhaha well i'll make sure that at your funeral i write something nice and poetic to read like this :)

Sid S. a dit...

speaking about funerals, ur invited 2 mine. ac2ali, if ur reading this, ur invited 2!!! and maybe u can play d violin at my funeral... i'm not sure which piece i'd want u 2 play tho'. i have it planned and stuff, but now dat i think about it, i want d swelling sounds of a violin 2 permeate d church and cause ppl 2 cry coz i'm dead. violins r good at provokin' dat feeling.

i always have dat feeling about friendship...

lowonthego a dit...

uhhh...sure i'll play my violin at your funeral...

you better make a note of that somewhere, so someone can get in touch with me should that happen.