vendredi, décembre 16, 2005

i've been sitting here thinking about how privileged i am to have such awesome brothers in my life. sisters too. but i'll save that tribute for another day. its at times like this that i think i could feel pretty peaceful being a single woman until i die (not to say that's what i want or anything, do not get me wrong here). Knowing that i am surrounded by such awesome brothers who love serving the Lord is pretty much amazing.

i'm not sure what brought this on, but i'm finding a newfound appreciation for all the guys in my life who challenge me to become more of a godly sister. Waking up and getting an encouraging e-mail from a brother half-way across the world (thanks darren!), having staying-awake-cramming buddies (parker and a mac), knowing that if i need something fixed i can just call on my favourite brown boy (warren g..even though you were inept at fixing my shelf), having brothers who will debate with me (haha, heated phone debates eh adam), 'litto' brothers that are annoying and super fun and call me jeh jeh (louis!) and knowing that i have brothers praying for me (and getting me in trouble with priyanka! thanks nathan!) is such a blessing.

Often times, in our hopes that the next guy will be THE guy, we (girls i mean) befriend solid guys and whether we'll admit it or not, a thought crosses our minds:"hmm solid guy. maybe he'll be the one!" What a tragedy it is that we do this. i am SO guilty of this, its not even funny. In doing so, we rob ourselves the opportunity to learn to be sisters and have solid brother-sister relationships where we can learn much from the opposite gender.

So lately, i've been thinking about how God has really blessed me with some truly amazing men in my life that i really respect and have learned much from. Their leadership astounds me and its just plain fun to have annoying brothers...i missed out by being an only child, but i'm pretty much getting my fill now.

One of my best memories from montreal project is the night i was grumpy and had to cram for my final exam...and two of my brothers came into the room. one of them pulled out a mandolin and started umm serenading me--although i'm not sure if you can call it that. hahaha... it was pretty much cacophony. But hilarious cacophony at that.

What a privilege it is to be blessed with brothers who are sound in faith, love and steadfastness! it is my hope that i too will one day be an encouragement towards my brothers. wex.

[edit: i've been reading some of Carolyn McCulley's blogs and writings (she's a single woman who writes primarily for single women) and i really enjoyed this...girls its a good read :)

2 commentaires:

pri a dit...

i agree :). we are so blessed to have such amazing brothers. You're all SO appreciated :D.

Sid S. a dit...

yah... itz pretty tian 2 have amazing sisters in Christ as well. i was so hapi wen i went 2 oex and jus cin' girlz who are beautiful, single, and have a pretty solid Christian walk. until dat tym, i pretty much thot dat those girls only exist in my imagination. so 2 b able 2 c amazingly wonderful women of excellence was definitely very encouraging. and no, i wasn't thinkin' of every girl as a prospect! who am i kidding? i have a crush on every girl! :P (diz is ur cue 2 go 2 homestarrunner.com and dl teen girls squad!) :D

thnx 4 dat post... it goes vice-versa as well. :D