lundi, janvier 02, 2006

2006.

a new year.

after the clock hit 12, i cried bitterly. tears of frustration at this heart of stone. of my wasted year spent satisfying myself with mud pies and raking leaves instead of feasting on His Word and digging for diamonds.
His silence has been frustrating, and life has been tautological. Because of my satisfaction with mediocre, i haven't been able to hear His voice as clearly as i should, and because of His silence, i haven't desired to do more than the mediocre...creating this circle of frustration.

But today, as i spent time dwelling in His Word, i was reminded of His promises:

Jeremiah 32:39
i will give them one heart and one way that they may fear me always."

Deuteronomy 20:6
and the Lord your God will circumcize your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, that you may live.

Ezekiel 11:19-20
and I will give them one heart and a new Spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in my statutes and keep my rules and obey them. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Jeremiah 32:41
and I will rejoice over them to do them good and I will faithfully plant them in this land with all My heart and with all My soul.

what a sweet assurance. that He desires with ALL His heart and ALL His soul to give us hearts of flesh.

1 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

You succeed every time in making me cry at the truth that you are able to find/store and write in your blog. I am so blessed to even scan over these words. My heart is so ... scarred...weak... ?? I praise God for the friends he's given me. Keep seeking his face, you are willing and he is loving.


Your sis