dimanche, janvier 29, 2006

i was walking home from campus today (ended up going to my group meeting for the tail end of it), and the air was so refreshing. gorgeous. drizzly and grey, but beautiful weather. lovely for walking and contemplating things.

as i was walking home, i realized that i love the place where i'm at. its been a long time getting to this place--almost 2 years of dissatisfaction with singlehood (though i would have never admitted it) and many knotty periods of time with respect to the foreign gender.
of course, there have been periods of time when i've adamantly declared that being single is amazing..but it has never been like this before. i really can't describe it. the freedom to be someone's sister and impart advice with no other motive other than loving my brothers is amazing. the freedom from expectations and hopes other than those i have in Christ is so terrifyingly beautiful. the ability to invest my time wholly in serving God and serving those around me is humbling. the opportunities to serve in my singlehood are endless, limitless and resplendent.

the best thing is knowing that if someone asked me to enter into a relationship today, i would be able to say NO and not regret it whatsoever. there will be a day in the future (Lord willing) when i'll enter into a different stage of my life--one where i will serve and glorify God as a wife, mother and married woman.
But that day has not come yet. So until then, i resolve to thoroughly enjoy this place where i am at, making wise and solid investments with my time, my life and my love as a single child of God.

[edit: i should've studied harder tonight, but i just had an awesome time talking on the phone with sara dub and shelly. so wonderful. i love my girlfriends. some of my best friends featured below!]






8 commentaires:

pri a dit...

hahah! yes we are SO hot.:s lol.


we defintely need to get better pics. ge your hair done and we'll go all camera happy.

lowonthego a dit...

haha okay.

pri a dit...

dont be jealous, warren. we all know you're being bitter because your pic isnt up there :p.

His Creation a dit...

hahahaha. props to warren.

-adam

lowonthego a dit...

well warren, just a little bit of advice...maybe its not that picture that hurts your eyes but your super long eyelashes.

if you don't want them to fall into your eyes, consequently hurting them, i do recommend an eyelash curler. you can even borrow mine. my eyelashes aren't as long. i'm sure i can sacrifice the curler so that you feel better.

pri a dit...

*rolls eyes*. whatever, Adam. all you boys are such haters. :p. im unimpressed. i can't believe you'd stomp all over my already low self esteem.

lowonthego a dit...

more like.. *STOMP stomp* since you have a gimped leg :)

pri a dit...

youre so mean, gimpy. i just have just pushed you into oncoming traffic at WC when I had the chance. :p. darn! :p.