dimanche, janvier 15, 2006

well the week of relaxation before things get crazy is now over. went for a date with God at second cup on friday. was good times.
God has been really good to me, a lot of exciting things are happening ministry wise and in my life. Acknowledging that i've been satiated by that which is ephermeral instead of seeking to be satiated by the enduring and everlasting God was all He needed to start working in my life.

My friend Darren has been fasting for awhile now, and in talking to him on msn, i was really convicted. For the past couple of weeks i've been contemplating fasting for an extended period of time (for me extended period means more than 2 days, since i've never fasted longer than that..i'm thinking 5 days?) but i've shrugged it off, admittedly for no good reason. Ashamedly, the nagging and persistent thought in my mind is--"but...i'll be hungry." i've forgotten that food isn't what satisfies. it may nourish the body, but even that is temporary. Only HE nourishes the soul and ultimately satisfies. He is what SHOULD sustain me, not His creation.
At any rate, talking to Darren challenged me, and so i've decided its time to stop being such a namby pamby and just DO IT! To quote Darren (okay seriously this brother never ceases to inspire me), "I'm not giving up something, but gaining more of Someone."

So i figure, while i give up food i may as well give up the other thing i use a lot--msn. so if y'all don't see me around for the next couple of days, that is why.

aights. keep me in prayer as i start ^_^ i'm looking forward to a renewed perspective on who God is and just spending some quality time getting to know His character more and fall in love with Him more.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

You should see a doctor about it before you start...I know it might seem ridiculous, but it can be dangerous. Be careful.

lowonthego a dit...

haha, i talked to a friend who is in med school and graduating next year.

thanks for your concern though! ^_^