samedi, février 25, 2006

I waited. I thought You would come right away upon hearing the words, "Lord, the one you love is sick."

I thought You would heal him.

I believed.

But after 4 days, it became hard to believe. Too hard to greet You.

If You had been here, my brother would not have died.

Could You not have kept him from dying?

But You weren't interested in fulfilling my plans. The plans you offered were better. You didn't just want to heal Lazarus, You wanted to raise Him from the dead. You wanted to reveal Your glory in all its splendour to us.

***

It seems as though this year has been an endless 4 days of waiting for You to come and manifest Yourself on campus. 4 days where i've believed but where unbelief has seeped into my life. Where i've forgotten Your promises and Your truths and have been unable to greet them from afar.

But Lord, here i am...an empty and weak shell without you. Let me cling tightly to you, even though everything else is unbearably dark around me. Give me the strength to exercise those faith muscles--that i may cling to Your promises and greet them from afar.

i can't feel you Lord. i'm so lonely. But i know there will be a day when these 4 days of silence will be over and when Your glory will shine brightly.

0 commentaires: