jeudi, mars 23, 2006

today i saw a chocolate cupcake. chocolate with sprinkles. it looked deliciously tantalizing.

i wanted one.

the thing is, i already had one of these cupcakes on sunday, and despite it looking delicious, it actually tasted quite bad.

so today, when she brought the cupcakes in, i told myself that i would not take one. i was satisfied with the cookies i had just devoured and the chocolate milk i had just drunk.

but as everyone else took one, i couldn't help but glance at the box that held the cupcakes. they were so alluring. "eat me. eat me." they cried.

so i took a cupcake. but the first bite was just as horrible as i had anticipated.

i stuffed the cupcake into my milk carton and threw it away after class.

***

a small part of my life is currently like today's cupcake escapade. i like where i am, i don't want things to be different at all. and yet, the cupcake is so alluring. i know that once the cupcake is in my grasp, i won't want it at all...but i still want it.

cryptic, i know.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

a small world it is indeed Lydia. Thanks for dropping by and tagging my site!

Anonyme a dit...

The analogy is strange yet kind of brilliant. Illustrating life questions by alluding to food is always relevant. ya, you are quite the posting machine...