mardi, avril 18, 2006

An exciting (and smelly) 15 minutes of adventure.

So i was sitting in front of my computer, reading my textbook..when i started to smell burning plastic. I was about to ask my roommate if she had put anything into the oven by accident...

when i looked out the window..and smoke was billowing from around the corner. My apartment building is in the shape of a U, so i couldn't tell if it was coming from my building or next door. At any rate, i told my roommate Anja to look out her windows..and by this time there was a HUGE amount of dark, black smoke!! She said something like, "if its coming from our place, why isn't anyone looking up?"

As soon as she said that, i saw people on yonge street start to look in the direction of our building...people stopped and stared..one girl even took out her camera!! AND THEN, i looked at a window across from mine, and i could SEE the reflection of flames!!!

Not wasting a moment (other than to change my msn name! hahaha) anja and i headed downstairs where there were already at least 4 or 5 fire trucks, many police cars, a large crowd of bystanders and media watching the smoke..

luckily..it wasn't from our building, but from the construction right next door.

at any rate, it was DEFINITELY a fun 15 minutes :)

yonge street is ALWAYS full of adventure.

the only sad thing is.... my apartment still smells like burnage. ugh.

[edit: the fire was on the news tonight!!! haha wow. i didn't even REALIZE it was THAT big of a fire!!]

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

from which construction?

Anonyme a dit...

the college park apartment construction right beside our place. you know, the construction where the man pulled down his pants at me.

Anonyme a dit...

you took the time to change your msn name...brilliant!

Anonyme a dit...

glad you're safe!