samedi, juillet 29, 2006

fantastical friday.

Well, yesterday was some SUPER fun times ^_^

So, lets do a photoblog day. Special thanks to Mr. Robinson and Miss. Jasoomani for being oh so wonderful photographers.




The evening started off with Pri, Jasmine, Aban and Joshua Robinson coming over for a potluck dinner. mmm. we were going to eat on the roof, but alas it was pretty stinking hot outside. So we crammed into my little solarium. It was a pretty tight fit, and without tables there was some spillage. But definitely too much fun. MMMM...samosas. MMM..salad (btw, joshua robinson..i bought a pear guava vinaigrette today...its FANTABULOUS. you'll have to try it. i think it even beats your orange sesame dressing). Mmm. cream thingies. i think they were called Malai or something?

Quote of the night: "umm so what are these things?"

"err, they're made out of cream...they're called malai"

"they taste familiar, what are they?"

"malai."

"so what are they"

"malai! i already told you this."

haha. good times. i googled it. here you go joshua robinson...now you can know what they are.

From my house, we headed out to go to the Beaches Jazz Festival. Our trip there included forgetting to get transfers and having to go to King Station to get transfers and then BACK to Queen station. It also included me discovering that i am too short to hold on to the top handle bars on the TTC. And it also included me being able to understand Chinese and not English..and Pri being able to understand English (though she thinks it was Chinese). It also included waiting for the stinking streetcar for a massively long time.

Here's us waiting for the streetcar.



Here we are...still waiting....

FINALLY!!

While we were on the streetcar, a woman from Paris asked me for directions...which led into a conversation where i had the chance to practice my french skills! WOOT.


We finally got there...


And listened to some AMAZING musicians...

Walked around for a bit..





At which point...Aban and i decided to get a bit lost and venture into a WONDERFUL LAND. a MAGICAL land. a land of VESPAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We caught back up with the group...and listened to some fabulous spanish guys....hahah, we also watched a corpulent man with a native headdress dance around in front of the spanish people....


But the sad part, was saying goodbye to Aban, Pri and Jasmine.

They missed by far, the BEST set of the night.... Dr. Draw..


During the first set, we bumped into Joshua Robinson's sister, her husband and daughter. His niece was SUCH a tease. She would walk up to me..as though she wanted to sit on my lap..and then stumble back to Joshua Robinson's lap. She did this multiple times...but finally braved the unchartered territory (otherwise known as lydia's lap) and plopped right down into my lap as Dr. Draw's first set ended.


We loved Dr. Draw...and watched him for two sets!!! In between the two sets we made it down to the beach, stood on some rocks and looked at the stars--it was the first time i had seen stars in Toronto!!!


We left after his second set (last show of the night), headed back to my place where Joshua proceeded to attempt to read my French Bible. haha, it was good times.

So, all round...fantastic times. Aban, Pri and Jasmine, i wish you guys could've stayed longer.

but we definitely need to make more dates like this. Aban...vespa-age must happen. Pri, we must play DDR when J gets back. Joshua, some jammage must happen sometime soon.

okay, that took me a TREMENDOUSLY long time. so i'm going to go eat dinner now and start studying. BAM!



Sorry...the layout of pictures and explanations is pretty wonky, and i'm too tired to figure out the html.

so you'll have to deal. i know you will.

love muchly!


16 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

i HEART dr. draw. i saw him when he came over last yr. check out nov. 19, 1005 on my blog coz i blogged about him. my "religious" experience with music - he's the only musician who's got me there. (of course, i'm excluding praise and worship music from that!)

Anonyme a dit...

and maybe itz just meeh.. but JR is really white... even for a white person...

not that there's anything wrong with it... (oh how i miss seinfeld) :D

Anonyme a dit...

I don't know what to say loco. Judging from past comments refering to me I'll take that as a compliment. Thanks. White 4 lyfe. Dude, I totally know what you mean about a religious experience via the draw.

Anonyme a dit...

Hahaha, according to Sid, i'm also more white than most chinese people..

i DEFINITELY took it as a compliment. i mean, with all the asians using skin whitening cream.....pale is definitely the new tan.

although...what i would give for a nice creamy white complexion.....

Anonyme a dit...

WHAT!! the woman clearly babbled on about "Queen qu"...repeating the words Queen and qu over and over again ...for those of you who don't know...we were in a subway and queen is a station and QU is "go" in chinese. it was sad that lydia was unable to put together those 2 words in the given context ;). although it was a proud moment for me when i could translate "Queen qu" to the fact that the lady wanted to go to queen station!! my problem solving skills ROCK hahahah :p.

Anonyme a dit...

DDR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAHH...cant wait. where shall we have our DDR party??

Anonyme a dit...

actually pri...she said...

wo yao qu "Queen street"

because if she had said

wo yao qu Queen qu

that would not make sense. i want to go Queen go?

rah rah rah!

Anonyme a dit...

I'm mentinoed on your blog!!! (: PLUS there is a picture of me...on the vespa. Woot woot. i had such a delightful evening with you dear friends. Yay.

The vespa. Words cannot describe my joy when getting on that beauty.

Vroom vroom.

Anonyme a dit...

JR: yup dat was a compliment.

and i jus realized i wrote 1005 when i meant 2005. coz i'm not THAT old!

aban: i'm still jealous that u comment on lydia's blog and not on mine.

Anonyme a dit...

-_- So weird seeing Aban and Lydia hanging out :P

*waves to Aban* Hello. I don't know if you remember me but I was that grade 9 in the (I can't even remember what it was called) club... the writing thing... that stopped showing up :P

Speak of a small world eh?

Lol, and making more discoveries about your shortness Lydia? Lol.... lots of things in the subway you can't reach I suppose (besides subway poles).

Anonyme a dit...

Why won't this computer let me post on your blog Lydia? Silliness.

-_- So weird seeing Aban and Lydia in the same picture. That's like world's colliding! High school and university... it mixes!

I don't know if you remember me Aban. I was that grade 9 that stopped showing up to the writer's club thing back when you were in OAC :P Admittedly a long time ago, but I'm alright with faces HA!

Btw, if you're having a DDR party, I want in! EMail me Lydia about this.

Anonyme a dit...

-_- DOH... sorry about the double post there... didn't realize that it didn't refresh the comments right away. SOrry for spamming Lyds :(

Anonyme a dit...

hey jonathan...

sorry...but WHO are you???

Anonyme a dit...

Does that help at all Lydia? Lol, tell the truth, I don't actually like being called Jon Park, and so sign everything by Jonathan.

You recognized me so easily the last time I posted to Anonymous T_T

Anonyme a dit...

LOL!!!

well i wasn't sure if it was you or not. hahaha.

can i call you jonathan park? LOL.

i tend to call people by their first and last names.

Anonyme a dit...

Hehe... that would be a first. Sure why not. It'll take some getting used to, but I think that Jonathan Park has a better ring to it than Jon Park.