lundi, août 14, 2006

i've hit a dry spell in terms of blogging. there hasn't been anything worthwhile to read here in quite a bit of time. if i were a writer, i'd be worried. thoughts would come to my head... "maybe you're past your prime" etc. the good news is, i am not a writer (although, i do aspire to be one, sometimes. a little dreaming here and there can't hurt) and there is no way i could be past my prime, seeing as i haven't hit 20 yet. good mathematicians have until they're at least 25 or 26 to come up with an ingenious proof, and look at C.S. Lewis. Minus his poetry, he didn't start writing fiction/non-fiction until he was 35.

i have lots of time (barring the event of death).

and so do you, apparently, if you've continued to read my blog during this dry spell.

but to quench your boredom, here are some links to some interesting articles i've been reading lately.

Plenty of Men to Go Around
Is Jack Bauer a type of Christ?
JR's Pastor on the Billy Graham in Newsweek Article
The Butt of too many jokes.
11 Universities bow out of Maclean's University Rankings

P.S. can i make a confession right now?
yesterday, when i was coming home from playing with church friends, they dropped me off at the subway station. as i was walking down the stairs, there was a sweater lying on the ground. i looked to see if anyone was around, but there was no one. There had been no one upstairs when i entered the station either. As i neared the turnstiles, i considered handing the sweater over to the dude inside the booth, but there was a huge lineup. so, instead i looked over all of the people heading past the booth--none of them would be remotely able to fit this sweater. So i walked through the turnstiles without handing the sweater over and took it home with me.
it fits beautifully. but i can't help but think that someone out there is missing their sweater. and its because i have it.
its as though i stole it, but not quite. AND its the first time i haven't turned something into lost and found.

oh, spotty morality.
maybe i should take it to the ttc station now? but that means a trek uptown..and if the person was actually looking for it, they'd have already asked the lost and found if it was there or not.
ahh what do i do?

9 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

You think you're worried about being past your prime! How you think I feel? Man I'm getting old. Its nice to hear that Lewis was able to give it a go so late in life, but then again Keats wrote all his work by the time he was 25 (and then died).

Anonyme a dit...

And you made fun of me for liking King of the Hill!!

Anonyme a dit...

and i will continue to do so, warren.

Anonyme a dit...

i am a thief... walking (maybe) up this lonely subway station's lost and found place. lolz. i dunno... i think itz okei... but i'm not sure

Anonyme a dit...

Strictly in terms of thinking of other people, I might take it to the lost and found because I'd be frantic, upset, and annoyed that I had left my sweater behind. On the other hand, you are probably right and the person that left it behind has given up hope on the sweater.

Up to you I guess. I know that I take gloves and hats that I find lying around all the time, although now that you mention it... I guess i SHOULd return it to lost and found. Geez Lydia, now you got me thinking about this now too.... :P

Anonyme a dit...

i love late-bloomer stories. they give me hope. keats floors me. friggin genius, leaves us all in the dust...!! haha

Anonyme a dit...

er... i just reread this post and realized something.

WHAT THE FOOL?!?! You're not 20 yet Lydia? I'm OLDER than you? -_-

Scary.... and all this time I thought you were at least a year older than me.

Anonyme a dit...

hmm, you could call the ttc and mention that if anybody is missing a sweater of such and such a description, you have it. if nobody is looking for it, then...you'd still have it?

Anonyme a dit...

hahahaha, jonathan park, you are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes...you are older than me.

miss li,

that is an AMAZING idea. i'ma going to do that right now.