mercredi, août 02, 2006

i've never had an affinity for anything Lord of the Rings.

tried to make it through the Hobbit when i was in jr. high...failed miserably. it was the most boring book i had ever read.

so when it became big, and everyone was jumping on the bandwagon...i stayed off.

Recently, however, my friend Suz invited me to come with her family and watch it with them for free. Wanting to see her, i said "sure"..but i was dreading it... i had heard critics bash it, and that it was 3.5 hours long... i thought i would surely die.

mmmm..

IT WAS AMAZING!!! i'm not sure about the storyline and such....but the music was BEAUTIFUL and oh my, the set design, lighting and costumes were PHENOMENAL.

seriously. it was a great afternoon. still haven't jumped on the LOTR bandwagon though. i don't plan on reading/watching the movies anytime soon.

6 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

that 'Home' link is sweet. no more backspacing the address.

Anonyme a dit...

haha you're not hard to please. you're just LAZY :P

Anonyme a dit...

i am now on my 3rd attempt to try and sit through lotr trilogy extended edition in one sitting. the first 2 attemps failed miserably. maybe u 'n i can watch it one day... :D

Anonyme a dit...

Lydia... the books are AMAZING.


AMAZING I SAY!!!! and definitely spiritual.

Anonyme a dit...

Ooo, that good eh? You better not be getting my hopes up Lydia, because I'm goign to see it with a bunch of friends... and it better be as good as you say :P

-_- Loco, you're.. well... loco. Man I like LOTR but even I don't think I could do that. That's like a whole day of doing nothing but watching the Lord of the Rings. I dunno man (or woman) I think that alone might turn me off of it.

Besides, I don't even like Elijah Woods.

Anonyme a dit...

hahaha@jonathan. u'd think dat it wud turn meeh off, but it hasn't. it has only renewed my wanting 2 c it. i've seen all 3 in d theatres b4 wen it came out too! :D

i guess i am very loco.

man (and i am one 2), u shud go c sin city (super sketch but awesome cinematography) if u don't lyk elijah woods. it'll give u a whole new perspective on him. i can't think of him as frodo nemore after watchin' dat movie.