mardi, septembre 26, 2006

guérir mon âme.

the past couple of days have been hard for the heart. i've watched someone whom i love concretely admit to letting go of her past Love in exchange for the world.
there's been an array of emotions going on. my heart has felt desperate, heavy and burdened. i've felt sick to the point of vomiting, angry, sad... you name it, i've felt it.

i feel as though someone i love has died. the only thing is that the very One who can raise the dead to life is the One who has been rejected.

praying that He would grant me His heart for the lost has been a hard prayer to pray. He has answered the prayer...and man, its not as romantic and poetic and rose coloured as i had imagined.

in the past few days, i have caught a glimpse of a fraction of how our Abba feels towards sin, and the immensity of my own sin is devastating. Praise God that He has rescued me from myself and from death! this realization is no small thing; that the Lord has allowed me to stand in grace is treasure of immeasurable worth.

i so wish that she could see this. that the veil would be taken away. that she too would rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. i wish she could see that His death was no small thing.

these words are beautiful:

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
and bring her into the wilderness,
and speak tenderly to her.
And there I will give her her vineyards
and make the Valley of Achor a door
of hope.
And there she shall answer as in the
days of her youth,
as at the time when she came out of
the land of Egypt.

And in that day, declares the LORD, you will call me 'My Husband' and no longer will you call me 'My Baal.' For I will remove the names of the Baals from her mouth, and they shall be remembered by name no more. And I will make for them a covenant on that day with the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the creeping things of the ground. And I will abolish the bow, the sword, and the war from the land, and I will make you lie down in safety. And I will betroth you to me forever. I will betroth you to me in righteousness and in justice, in steadfast love and in mercy. I will betroth you to me in faithfulness. And you shall know the LORD.

And in that day I will answer, declares the LORD,
I will answer the heavens,
and they shall answer the earth,
and the earth shall answer the grain, the
wine, and the oil,
and they shall answer Jezreel,
and I will sow her for myself in the land.
And I will have mercy on No Mercy,
and I will say to Not My People, 'You
are my people';
and he shall say, 'You are my God.'"

~Hosea 2:14-23

L'Eternel, Tu es ma forteresse, mon rocher, mon libérateur.
Tu es mon Dieu, le roc solide ou je me réfugie.
Tu es mon Sauveur tout-puissant, mon rempart et mon bouclier.

Merci, parce que tu as sauvé mon âme. C'est un trésor marveilleux.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Waxing French on this blog eh? Very nice. A good prayer too.

I will keep that friend of yours in prayer. Oh how tempting the muck is...

Anonyme a dit...

yeah...very tempting indeed.