mardi, novembre 07, 2006

adulthood, will you go away? come again another day.

i made my appointment for grad photos yesterday.

it hit me. i am graduating!

i invited a friend to my church this upcoming sunday. i realized she was born in 1988.

which means...

i am now making friends who are 2 years younger than me.

this is bizarre to me.

as the 20 year old, fourth year student, i've always been one of the youngest people in everything i've been involved with, everyone i've hung out with.

now, i am one of the "older" people.

this is completely bizarre.

i'm not ready to become an adult!

that's it.

i protest.

i am staying 20 forever.

yup, thats right adulthood! i will fight you!

***

in other news, i broke the water cooler at church on sunday. i pressed the button, didn't know my own strength, and the button got stuck.

the water kept running and running and running.

it was pretty hilarious to see my pastor frantically grabbing mugs and sticking them underneath the cooler.

yup thats right. i didn't feel much like an adult then.

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Hehe, fighting adulthood... I just kind of resigned myself to it when I realized how young everyone around me actually is. I know what you mean about being the youngest in everything though....

"You were born in 91? -_-"

Haha, take solace in the fact that there are still people that are plenty older than us. That should hold off for at least another 10 years.

Anonyme a dit...

hahah the water cooler thing is hilarious. i can see that sort of thing happening to me, although i am glad it happened to you lol.

Anonyme a dit...

pri: i can see you laughing.

hahhaa, even funnier, it was RIGHT before all of us were supposed to go up to lead worship... like literally 2 minutes before service starts.

so this older gentleman at my church came into the kitchen, just as my pastor was about to remove the water jug from the cooler..and said

STOP! NO, all of you are leading worship or preaching this morning! you cannot afford to get wet! I WILL SACRIFICE MYSELF AND MY SUIT so that you don't get wet.

it was very cute.
haha


i'm a trouble maker.

Anonyme a dit...

wow... now that's sacrifice!

i don't think i would've done that.

Anonyme a dit...

Haha great post Lydia...20 is a great age...sadly only a few more months than adulthood all over the world! ahh lol...great seein ya tonite