samedi, novembre 18, 2006

great lines.

here's 2 great lines from tonight:

"at our church there are two groups of people. the liberals who are offended by what the Bible says and the conservatives who are more conservative than God."
~ mr. bourque.

"have you been to japan before?"
yeah! i love it there!
"are you japanese?"
nope
"korean?"
nope.
"oh, you're chinese?"
yeah
"wow, thats so weird. see, you're really pretty. and usually when i see japanese or korean girls, i think to myself, wow, they are really beautiful. but i don't usually think that about chinese girls. its more random chance with the chinese population."
heh.
~ a conversation between lydia and one of janette's church friends. i didn't know whether to be insulted for my race or feel good about myself. so i chose the latter.

10 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

take it as a compliment yo.

ps. that first quote was amazing. Who is Mr. Bourque?

Anonyme a dit...

haha, "word"...thats a new screenname for yourself, friend.

mr. bourque is stephanie bourque's dad.

he became my hero after that line.

Anonyme a dit...

good quotes girl
now i am trying to rack my brain over who said comment number two... but i wont try too hard. I think you are complemented but the rest of the chinese race (and there are a few of ya) may be offended.

Anonyme a dit...

the person should look up "tact" in the dictionary. :P

Anonyme a dit...

"tact", says SHELLY??!?

Anonyme a dit...

Jess, that was the best comment I have ever read in my life.

Anonyme a dit...

tact, says shelly. :P

Anonyme a dit...

hahhaha

props jess. props!!!

that made me laugh SO hard!

Anonyme a dit...

Lol... no offence to said person, but she clearly doesn't know a wide variety of Asians at all....

Clearly you look nothing like a Korean or a Japanese person (not to detract from the beauty part of the statement at all). You lack all the distinguishing charecteristics. :P

Anonyme a dit...

and when I say she... I meant it in a gender neutral kind of way.