dimanche, novembre 19, 2006

i ♥ Starbucks. minus creepy eastern european men.

mm, can i just reiterate how much i love starbucks?

its not just their coffee that i'm infatuated with; its the atmosphere, their black chai tea and their friendly service. i have many friends who have worked (or currently work) at starbucks, and they've loved it. it has the lowest turnover rate within the "fast-food" service sector, and this enjoyment that people get from working at starbucks filters down to producing happy customers.

okay, i sound like a starbucks addict. its just that i haven't been able to really study at home, since there currently isn't much space and i lack a desk. Thus, i've been frequenting starbucks a lot more than i usually would. libraries are too quiet and make me sleepy, home is currently too cramped, and studying with friends is often less productive. a coffee shop is the best deal.

today, i went to starbucks and had a great experience there. spent 3 hours solid studying. plus, when i went back to order another tea, they gave it to me on the house AND gave me a cranberry square for free too! they even asked me how my studying was going and if it was exam time. now thats definitely friendly for most large corporate food services! their friendliness made up for the creepy old eastern european guy who grasped the fact that i was studying psychology and proceeded to ask me if he could pay me for "one on one" therapy. he also asked me if i'd give him my number, and if i'd go home with him.

GROSS!!

***

in other news, i was talking to my 'rents today, and a former friend of mine from deadmonton is now dating some guy who is apparently really good looking. she's a solid girl and so i'm glad for her. it got me thinking. i guess i always figured i'd be dating before this girl, but here i am in fourth year, soon to graduate, with no significant other (and no prospect of one). to add to that, i've never had a boyfriend, which, you must admit, is pretty rare. i've made it through high school and university without dating. crazy. i guess it must be because i'm a shrew. *jokes. see post from friday*
anyways, i suppose this blog has made it seem as though i'm upset about not having a boyfriend. i'm not. its just another one of those interesting life events. i wonder if i ever will get married. i realize i'm still young, and there's lots of time for marriage to happen. its just a question that comes to mind sometimes. i'm surrounded by so many godly single guys on a regular basis, which makes me wonder sometimes... is there something wrong with me? what will happen if i move to quebec, where there are fewer solid christian guys? am i too picky? i mean, most of these guys have stated that they are ready to start a relationship...so why have there been so few who have indicated a desire to start one with me?
would i enjoy being single for the rest of my life? i used to think i would... but recently, i've had a change of heart. i do want to get married someday and have children.


anyways, you can give me the whole "just wait on God spiel"...i know the gist, and i agree wholeheartedly. these are just some thoughts that run through my head from time to time, and if you're honest, they run through your head as well. oh to be like Abraham, whose faith did not weaken when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of sarah's womb. no distrust made him waver concerning the promises of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced he was able to do as he promised!

for now, i am single. so i will enjoy it. i will revel in where God has placed me and delight in Him who gives me life. there is much to be said about jeremiah 29:11, so i'll just let you look it up and let the Word speak truth into your life, as it has mine.

wow, what cheese!

***
p.s. here's my little study space at home. the only place "big" enough to fit me, my computer and a tiny table to study on. haha, when i said cramped...i actually meant it! i know it looks messy. that's becuase i have wires for my computer, my little light, my printer, papers and a waterbottle lying around (since i have nowhere to put them).















p.s.s. good news!!!!!!!

i found out today that it is EXTREMELY RARE for bedbugs to be carried ON a person...they rarely travel on clothing people are wearing...

so dear friends, there is no longer much of a need to be weary of me carrying bedbugs on my clothing whenever i meet up with you!!! SWEET.

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

re: no bf through hs and uni...you're not the only one hun. :D and your thoughts are my thoughts too.

Anonyme a dit...

oh i didn't presume to be the only one.

i just said we're rare.

Anonyme a dit...

hmmm.. i love you lydia low.. what can i say...

Anonyme a dit...

i would actually like to find girls who have never dated before...

and knowing there are at least 2 of u out there makes me find comfort that there are girls like you :D

if only i had tingly feelings... lolz.

Anonyme a dit...

Ew creepo man!