mercredi, novembre 29, 2006

on music.

i love how the LORD has given us ears to hear, eyes to see and hands to use.

there are few things more beautiful and magical than music. what a great ability He has given us to be able to praise Him and worship Him with earthly cacophony.

Give thanks to the LORD with the lyre;
make melody to him with the harp of ten strings!

***
on an unrelated-related note, its fantastic when someone can tell you are a musician right off the bat. no explanations needed. for example, when you see someone on the subway with very short fingernails on his/her left hand, but long fingernailes on his right hand, you know that said person probably plays classical guitar.

here's a conversation i had that made me feel like a musician...

me: hi, i'm lydia!
frank: this is Ed
ed: nice to meet you.
frank: ed plays the violin.
me: that's so cool!
ed: you play too.
me: yeah!
frank: hey, how did you know that!
ed: she has a mark on her neck!

oh, violin hickeys. its good to know that even though i don't play regularly, my violin hickey isn't going away anytime soon.

yay musicians!

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

I think a perfectly executed play in basketball is more beautiful and poetic than music...not even joking...
one day I'll have to teach you about such things...
=->

Anonyme a dit...

i was reading that exact same pslam not half an hour ago!

Anonyme a dit...

Bah... sports is nothing compared to music Warren...I smite you for such irreverance :P

Although I do not deny that a perfectly executed play is indeed a beautiful thing.