jeudi, janvier 11, 2007

here's a new word for y'all.

anatiferous:
producing ducks.

apparently, from the 15th to 18th centuries, people thought barnacles living on logs in water spontaneously produced ducks. So, whenever a duck appeared, they would say that an anatiferous process had just occurred.

this is what i pay over 4000 bucks a year to learn in school.


speaking of school, the LORD is good. i am a person of little faith. scholastically, i had a really hard semester. it was as though my mind was everywhere, and there was no place to study at home. when i got my midterm exam marks, they were the lowest marks i have ever gotten in university. This made me really stressed out over finals. i couldn't afford to fail any exams, or i would've failed my courses, and would have had to spend another semester in school. But, praise God, because i've gotten all my marks back, and not only did i pass..but my marks skyrocketed. Sure, if you take a look at them, i'm no einstein...but they were definitely undeserved.
i'm ashamed that i didn't believe God could provide for me.
at the core, i am such a person of little faith. not only am i a person of little faith, i am also a very cynical person. i constantly doubt God, displaying an unwarranted distrust in His goodness and grace. i get so tied up in my own sin that i tell myself that it isn't possible for God to forgive me once more. What an untruth!

for Christmas, my mum bought me a Holga. This is a "toy" camera from the 1980s which is fully plastic, including the lens. because of imperfections in the lens and in its structure, it allows light and dust to leak in, producing distortions in the resulting picture.
sometimes, it is so easy to allow our own lenses to distort the picture. How easy is it to let our feelings of guilt, cynicism, shame, happiness alter our perceptions of God. Perhaps this is what Jeremiah meant when he said that the heart is deceitful above all things. indeed, our sin is notorious for distorting what is good. we constantly fall prey to unrighteously distorting and suppressing the truth.

the only solution to this discolouration, of course, is Jesus and the cross. Thank God that He has revealed Himself to us through His Word. it is wonderful and amazing and a beautiful source of Truth. Praise God that it dispels any lies or untruths that we sometimes create or glean from others.


All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. ~ 2 Tim 3:16-17

1 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

"forgive me once more"...ahhwhat a phrase!

I remember talking to a friend about second chances or perhaps it was about God being a God of second chances.

Jokingly, this friend said, "I don't remember ever seeing anything in the Bible about third chances..."

I responded, because I'm weird and enjoy making people think, "Ah, but love keeps no record of wrongs so it's always a second chance."

Booya. I mean...I could actually see the epiphany occur on his face which was cool but beyond that, the truth of this statement boggles my mind. He can't keep along list of trespasses because He constantly wipes the slate clean.

When I was trying to decipher Jesus' words about how many times we must forgive one another, I realized a discrepancy either between two times He had told the story or between two versions of the same passage in that one said we ought to forgive seven-times-seven times and the other seventy-times-seven times.

I figured - the number doesn't even matter. The point is that you should not be keeping track because that means you're looking for your 50th or 491st time so you can say, HA! I forgive thou NOT!

Furthermore, you should not even be able to make a list, or at least a list longer than one.

I re-learned even tonight that God does not get more and more fed-up or angry with us as we neglect action X. Instead He waits patiently and withholds any guilt or shame He could easily put on us. That's not gonna encourage us to come back to Him - that makes us want to hide in a cave and die!

He knows. He knows how much better men are motivated by someone having faith in you, expecting your second chance to go a long way instead of making us feel worse and worse about ourselves as we drag our feet up to the chopping block. He's just but He's gracious.


I don't know what my problem is. I just wrote a blog post on YOUR blog. shooot me now...