vendredi, janvier 05, 2007

kellogg's

blogging hiatus. reevaluation after a revelation.

i have to think about why i write here and whether it is worth it.

a dear brother made a comment yesterday, re: lydia's blog. it stung, i won't lie. And after my short burst of anger had dissipated, i wondered why it bothered me so much. Granted, no one likes to be called flaky, but i'd usually laugh it off.

upon reflection, i realized two things:

a) i am a flaky person
b)i am prideful about this blog.

i love writing. i'd like to write a book someday, though no one would ever desire to read it. i don't just blog for myself, but in the hopes that people who read this would be challenged to think and react. lately, however, my thought life has become superficial, my spiritual walk superficial, my friendships superficial, and, as you have probably noted, blogging has become highly superficial. concurrently, i have also become prideful over this blog. the worst thing about pride is that you don't realize how prideful you actually are. becoming really hurt over my friend's passing comment told me that i am prideful (which was/is no big revelation. i am the most prideful person you will ever meet) and this blog is beginning to feed my pride. it's even worse to be prideful over a half-wit, flaky blog. this would be akin to me becoming prideful of my guitar skills, or better yet, william hung becoming prideful over his singing capabilities.

i need to do some thinking.


When pride comes, then comes disgrace,but with the humble is wisdom. ~prov 11:2

6 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

kellog's. That's funny.

Anonyme a dit...

where is this comment?!?

Anonyme a dit...

yeh for Lydia's musings.
thanks for all your flaky blogs. when it comes down to it, we read because we're all a bunch of flakes.

Anonyme a dit...

Please don't stop writing. It IS worth it. And why not write about superficial things sometimes? Not all the time, but sometimes. Not everything we discuss needs to be deep and revealing. That would be exhausting. Write what you want. This is your blog. And sometimes it will challenge and call for a response, sometimes it won't.

Anonyme a dit...

i am not a flake!

i prefer to think of myself as pastry... :P

i think that pretty much solidified my flake status.

Anonyme a dit...

i am not a flake!

i prefer to think of myself as pastry... :P

i think that pretty much solidified my flake status.