mercredi, février 14, 2007

Because we've all experienced a DTR.

Haha, in honour of Valentine's Day/International Singles Awareness Day/ or, as i like to call it, Wednesday...Here is something for everyone to enjoy, single or not.




***

and a quick update.

my back is a lot better. i can walk now! okay, i have to go study for an exam.

hope your day was wonderful, precious and delightful.

***

study notes:

Tall people also get more respect and higher incomes at work than shorter people do; independently of a person's age or sex, each inch of height amounts to $789 more in pay, on average in the US and Great Britain each year (Judge & Cable, 2004).
Across various occupations, for instance, men who are 6'1" earn $3,156 more each year than do men who are 5'9".





Judge, T.A., & Cable, D.M. (2004). The effect of physical height on workplace success and income: Preliminary test of a theoretical model. Journal of Applied Psychology, 89, 428-441.

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

"God has a wonderful plan for my life, any you're not part of it...." hahahaha

Anonyme a dit...

Hi lydia,
this is jessica, josh's sister.
Just wanted to tell you a funny thing about clara. I think she has only met you a few times but you have made a lasting impression. Every time I go downtown. She says that's where lydia lives, maybe we'll see lydia. And I can get her to do many things such as wear her shoes and coat if i initiate it with "I think lydia would like these shoes.. or lydia would wear these." She will immediately be eager to wear them.
You made an impression :)

Jess

lowonthego a dit...

jess, that was a great comment. it brought a smile to my face! I'm glad to be a part of Clara's discipleship process...even if it's just getting her to put on her shoes and coat! Anytime y'all are downtown, we should hang out! I'd love to meet up with you and Clara. She's such a cutie; she brings a huge smile to my face!

monica a dit...

Video: highly entertaining.

Update: SIGH..... does this mean I'm going to be poor for the rest of my life?? (cause you know.... my genetics and all did not allocate enough tall genes). Good luck on your midterm! My apologies for the incoherentness of this message:)

Beth a dit...

yay for tall people!!!!