lundi, avril 16, 2007

i am grateful for chivalrous men.


You know, I've always been conditioned to fear men, especially when walking alone late at night. When its rather late, and I'm walking in college park mall alone (which is safer than taking the shortcut outside), I'm always on the lookout for strange men following me. Until today, I never thought it was actually women who I'd have to worry about.

Haha, as I was walking out of the subway doors into college park mall, an older woman walking ahead of me tripped. She turned around and started yelling at me, blaming me for almost tripping her, and screaming out a stream of profanity. I hadn't caused her to trip at all; in fact there was no way I could have caused her to trip. So I told her that I had not done anything and kept on walking.

All of a sudden she took out her grocery bag and looked like she was going to hurl it at me. When I sidestepped that, she tried to punch me! Thankfully, a guy walking was walking next to me, stepped in front of me, shielding me from the crazy woman! He told her to back off and at this point, she unsuccessfully tried to spit at me, before walking away!

I was so thankful that the man was there! As the lady was getting ready to punch me, a thought went through my head: "If she attacks me, do I fight back? She looks pretty old..." I'm glad I didn't need to fight the old lady. Sadly, I think she might have beaten me to a pulp had we fought (she seriously looked really crazy and capable of hurting me!!!). Anyways, there's really no moral to this story. I just wanted to blog about my crazy night. Men, be chivalrous and stick up for women in need. It is very impressive and very much appreciated!

7 commentaires:

monica a dit...

Wow.. that's pretty freaky:S Glad to hear that guy intervened before anything serious happened.

Jonathan P a dit...

Ah crazy people in Toronto. Glad you didn't have to get into a fight with some random person on the street... that definitely wouldn't have been good.

Justin Alm a dit...

what a crazy experience!

stephanie a dit...

Wow...... I'm so scared you're safe, Lyds!!

Son of Man a dit...

I'm not sure I wouldn't have waited for what might have been an awesome fight. Just think Lydia; how many people can really say, I got pwned by a little old lady on a motorized cart and I didn't even see it comin'.

amac a dit...

did u get a chance to thank the dude? must've been weird for him to be stern to someone that could've been his mother.

Sid S. a dit...

u shud've nailed that crazy woman. and when u got her nailed down, take out the 4 Laws and start sharing the Gospel... i'm pretty sure that's allowed... right?

coz u did it to save her soul...