dimanche, avril 15, 2007

Our God is SO good.

Lately, I've been feeling really stressed, especially about support raising for MET. I had been waiting to get the church backing on support raising, and so I hadn't been able to ask church members for support. A couple of days ago, I was sitting, doing my quiet times, and I felt immensely incapable of praying, because though I KNEW support would come in, I wondered how it would, and felt SO burdened by this. I sat in the silence, comforted that the Holy Spirit hears and intercedes with groans words cannot express.

On Friday, I was given the go ahead to start asking people at church. I'm not sure why, but this time, I was really fearful to ask people. I printed out the letters, and distributed them. Today, even before I had distributed letters, a woman from my church approached me, and said she wanted to support me. She handed me a cheque, and I didn't look at it.

When I got home, I read the total amount.. $500. I was so touched, I began crying. In ONE day, from ONE person, God has brought me up to 50% of the amount I need. I've really been reminded that God is truly and infinitely capable of meeting our needs. Not only is He inifinitely capable, He desires to and WILL meet all our needs, if we just ask.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
~ Phil 4:19.

1 commentaires:

Jess Versteeg a dit...

I LOVE hearing stories of how God brings in funds. It's always so encouraging. Yours is one of my favourite this year. My other favourite was my friend amanda. One day she was telling me how she was asking God by the end of the week to have 1/2 of her support in (it was Tuesday) - she only had $100/$2000 for national. The next day she calls me and says she was at $1100 - someone had given her a cheque for a grand!

i'm so excited to see God blow you away these next few months. He's so cool.