mercredi, avril 11, 2007

praying like Nehemiah.

I have decided that I am going to pray big prayers and expect that they will be answered. Sometimes, I think I insult God by praying piddly prayers and neglecting to pray for big things. Though I know that He cares about ALL areas of my life, not just the big things, I think I often bypass the big things, because the small things are "more easily" answered. I pray as though God works like humans do, with finite capacity. Well, no more of this nonsense!

Here are some things I am praying for in the next while. If you think of it, keep these things in your prayers too!!

  • Pray that the National Team, who are currently in the process (this week!) of deciding placements, would place me in Montreal.
  • Pray that I would finish support raising by July (or be very close to being done). A good, solid Christian friend of mine is moving to Montreal in July to begin her medical residency, and I'd love to live with her. "Coincidentally", my lease here in Toronto also ends in July. Thus, I'd really like to be finished support raising, so that I can move to Montreal.
  • Pray that I'd pass all my courses so that I can graduate in May. For the first time in University, I am failing a course (yikes!!). This is SO unlike me, but I am also grateful for this opportunity to be humbled. Academia has always been a source of pride in this girl's life. I have an exam on Friday, so please pray that I would do well on that!
  • Pray that I would raise all the support required to go to Abbotsford, BC for May New Staff Training (MET). I have a meeting with my church elder's board on Friday. Please pray that I would find favour in their eyes and that they would desire to help me support raise as much as possible. I currently have $200 towards MET. Another $1400 to go in just over two weeks! I asked my dad to buy my plane ticket in faith that I would be able to pay him back.
  • Please also pray that I would have more opportunities to share the gospel with my two roommates, both of whom do not know Jesus in a real and personal way.
Whew, that's a lot of prayer requests! It's a good thing we serve an Almighty God, whose hand is sovereign over ALL things.

2 commentaires:

afro-chick a dit...

YES.
Big prayers indeed.
and HE is fully capable ( :
You are covered on friday fo sho!

Jess Versteeg a dit...

Lydia! I'm stoked to see how God is going to answer this. It's been so exciting to be a part of ppls prayer teams this year! God is good & His love endures ;)