mercredi, juin 13, 2007

Favourite people (or maybe just the shots...) of the week.

It's been awhile since I've posted pictures I've shot... I've been learning how to use an SLR camera; Ethan has been letting me use his 35mm film SLR, but it costs so much to process. My friend Frank, however, has been gracious in bringing his camera wherever we go, and lets me try my hand at a couple of shots. I'm still learning how to shoot people. What better subjects, than the people I have truly come to love this summer! I really want an SLR! Though I have a point and shoot digital, it just isn't the same as being able to adjust aperture, shutter speed etc, with a wonderful zoom lens. mmm...i love photog.












6 commentaires:

Sid S. a dit...

nice pixxx!!! maybe u, me and silas should get together for my photoshoot... i mean, i need a prayer card picture, pls. help me. lolz.

lowonthego a dit...

haha anytime you want help...holla....too bad you don't live in Tronts...and too bad I don't own a dSLR.

stephanie a dit...

Hey those are really good portraits; keep shooting!! :) (haha.... oh to own an SLR..... I want one too. Would you rather have a film SLR or a digi?)

lowonthego a dit...

A digi, for sure...

I have a film one right now...but since the U of T darkroom is closed for the summer, I can't process...and its really expensive to process when big companies like Black's do it.

Sid S. a dit...

there's one picture that i would want to do in the near future. it has to be during winter time tho. imagine this. a field of pure white snow. a dead tree with branches that are withered and forms a dilapidated shape. me all in black. oh the fun to have that photoshoot.

itz quite emo, methinks.

Justin Alm a dit...

Hey,
You can take your film to grocery stores like Superstore(out West this the biggie) and they will process your film for just a few dollars. Get them to throw your pics onto a CD instead of getting prints made and it will cost half the price of the other conventional method. The quality is decent. That's what I've been doing to save a buck here and there. I worked it out and you can take 10,000 pictures this way and you you will have spent the same amount of money for a comparable dSLR. By your 10,000th shot, dSLRs will be cheap!