dimanche, octobre 28, 2007

In Monts.

Well, here i am. It's been a crazy time. I arrived on Friday night, went to Home Depot on Saturday and essentially washed my walls and primed the walls all day. Last night, the staff had a "Lydia is done MPD celebration", so we had a great dinner etc. Good times.

With all the busyness, I haven't really had time to be lonely, or even think about where I'm at with life. People have asked me what I'm most excited about ,being in Montreal. To be honest, I haven't thought much about ministry etc. It seems almost easier (or, more importantly, less scary) to think about painting my walls, or unpacking, or buying furniture.

I went to church this morning. I'm kind of on a church-shopping spree. For me, the most comfortable thing to do, would probably be to go to Montreal Chinese Alliance. I'm a Chinese Alliance baby and it's such a comfort zone for me. But I realize, that choosing a church, simply because it's familiar, probably isn't the most wise thing. I need to consider that I'm going to be doing full-time ministry and therefore need to go somewhere that I can be fed. But I also want to consider the needs that there are at various churches in Montreal, and respond to that need accordingly. I also know that I need to consider which churches will be supportive of my ministry; I'll be needing a good support base here, apart from my staff team.

It's just a really big shift. I'm so used to being in the thick of things, always knowing what's going on, knowing where I'll be and where I'll go. This is different. In almost all aspects of my tangible life, I feel like I'm on the fringe of things, wondering how I fit into the puzzle. I'm glad Jesus stays the same. Even so, I wonder how much I know Him.

I'm also wondering which paint roller to use, now that both have been used up.

***

addendum: The more I explore, the more I think I will love Montreal. Sure, the people walk extremely slowly...but there's so much to see. So much to photograph. I can't wait to make friends and go exploring even more. It IS a huge change, and life is different...but I can see myself here.

1 commentaires:

Kirsten a dit...

have you found the music for our duet yet???