vendredi, janvier 11, 2008

lovely, dainty pictures.

remember this?

Well..this is what it looks like in my housemate's bedroom now....






oh, and today, when i got home, there was a massive yellow puddle on my computer chair and on my desk (narrowly missing my computer by 2cm).
i thought to myself, "hmm, i never peed my pants this morning."

and looked up.

apparently..it is now leaking in my bedroom too.

i'm moving out in July. final decision made.

***

In other news, I feel like moving really just had a dampening effect on any creative spark I had in me. The online arts&craft world seems to be so much more robust in Toronto (just try googling it!), but in Montreal much digging needs to be done. However, I feel this weird surge of creative energy flowing in me; last night, I spent a good hour tossing in bed, thinking up simple shapes I could screen print on t-shirts this weekend. I am also in love with gocco printers, and I cannot tell you how much I want one, and how much I am going to save up to buy one. I also realize that a revamping of my blog NEEDS to happen, and oh, how often I have been desiring to do so...but I also feel like my CSS skills have flown out the window and beyond!

Tomorrow, the start of a fresh wave of creativity will begin! I feel its commencement already! I start my first course towards a Photography certificate, and I have an appointment to go shooting (pictures, not guns) with a friend right after class! On my way home, I think I'll pick up a t-shirt from american apparel, and if i'm not tired, I'll get started on my screen template.

Oh, and I'm also VERY ready to use these:




That's right a set of 19 DIFFERENT FISKARS SCISSORS, fresh from the Christmas haul. And yes, they ARE on a little turntable!! WONDERFUL? BEAUTIFUL? YES!!!! I sense a little card making action on the go as well!

Life is good. Ministry is getting to be good. I've been looking at a place to live come July, and it is sweetness, let me tell you. Friends are beautiful, both new and old. I'm sitting here and thinking...I am ready to explore!

8 commentaires:

Jess Versteeg a dit...

you are adorable

Anonyme a dit...

you're very ready to use scissors?

I'll tell you something, I've used scissors before...nothing too lifechanging...
-Warren G.

Anonyme a dit...

warren G. you are a punk rocker.

lydia low. i will see you in the summer. i need more shades of blue in my wardrobe. i think you should use your skills and MAKE me a shirt. American Apparel shirts i'm a medium/large. fine. medium it is. make it happen.

ps: i love you.

lowonthego a dit...

hahahh you are sooo cute aban!!! i think i will try to make you a shirt :) maybe out of the print that i'm going to make tomorrow :D

warren g. You ARE a punk rocker!!! A PUNK ROCKER WHO STILL HASN'T COME TO VISIT ME.

wynja ninja, i heart you a lot.

stephanie a dit...

you're getting good with that camera! love the feel of those scissors shots. :) you must be gainly much knowledge from that class! shaaaaaare the wealth..... :D AND i muchly love that whimsical doodly at the end of the post.

luv ya luv ya!

Justin Alm a dit...

Top scissor shot, my fave. The drawings need to keep coming as well. Your energy in this post is inspiring. I always thought of Montreal as Martreal. Where are you taking this photography certificate? I couldn't find any BFA programs that offered photography in Montreal. Am I a lame ass net surfer? -or- Did my noodle google wackness? I think Montreal would be a great place to study but what's the deal? McGill has a lame website that doesn't really direct much. Concordia = Good. BUT, I can't apply for graphic design. I'm inadequate. Concordia doesn't have photography.

lowonthego a dit...

steph: haha, well it's a photoshop class.... and we haven't even started learning anything with the program yet....haha so i'm not sure what wealth i have accumulated from the class....but haha...i will share what i glean, when/if i glean anything :)

mr alm: Concordia definitely has a BFA with a major in photography.... haha

Sid S. a dit...

i want a shirt too!