lundi, février 11, 2008

hmmm...

i needed a picture for my monthly (or not-so-monthly-of-late) newsletter. I wanted to use this one.


sadly, i needed a portrait (vertical) picture, not landscape...and this one did not fit. Additionally, there was a lot of dead space in the centre of the picture, subtracting its effectiveness.

So.... I loaded the picture in photoshop...and.....cropped Imanzi out..and pasted him in the centre, and then cropped the picture:my roommate thinks this is a bit of a lie..... so the question is...

creepy? non-creepy?
legit? non-legit?

am i a liar for using this "created" picture in my newsletter?

9 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

I approve of this and I am impressed by your skizzill.

Silas a dit...

that is a really clean cut! good job. i applaud it.

Paulman a dit...

LIAR! It looks as if Imanzi was really standing there (if that is even his real name...).

More seriously, though, you could always put an "*" and say, "photo digitally manipulated for this newsletter". I'm all for (semi) full-disclosure.

Jess Versteeg a dit...

i agree with silas. + just do it!

Justin Alm a dit...

I also agree with Silas. I'll be calling on you whenever I need someone moved two steps to the left. I like the edit.

A more important question would be, "What tools did you use in PS and how did you use them?" I'm curious, even though I'm dying in longing to purchase CS3.

lowonthego a dit...

justin: haha, just the simple and delicious pen tool. i made it into a selection and then saved it just in case.

then i used the move tool to move imanzi over and cropped the picture. oh..and i added a gaussian lens blur (0.4 px) around imanzi to soften the edges...

Anonyme a dit...

Looks great, and it isn't lying. After all, you could have just asked him to move over there for the picture :)

But his glasses stood out a little to me, looking through them I expected to see through to the blue behind... a little work with the clone tool and some blending might fix that. Or just move him up a bit so he is still in front of the banner.

Or I'm just a perfectionist and you don't have to listen to me. :)

Sid S. a dit...

do it. u r awesome. it ain't a lie. and no need to disclose anything.

ur skills are ridiculous!

Anonyme a dit...

I'm more impressed by your mad cropping skills than anything. WAH. Hardcore.