vendredi, février 29, 2008

to prove the shutter is still opening and closing.


My dad says he hasn't seen my pictures in awhile. "Are you still using your camera?", he asks.

Yes, yes I am. I go through phases of creative inspiration and phases of drivel-driven nonsense. I have some friends (see JAlm) who seem to just CHURN out the quality...but I can't seem to be consistent like this. Maybe it's because I don't force myself. I'm not sure. But, with a new lens in hand, I have resolved to try taking a picture a day, because, well, as the last page of the four laws explains, we shouldn't rely on our feelings. Way to take a spiritual analogy and turn it into another form of drivel, Lydia.

Meh. Same idea applies. Let's be honest though. Resolutions rarely last more than 26 days, and thus, no promises will be made as to when my photos will materialize on the web. But, there's a photo for today at least. And...as usual, if you desire to see more, there's always shutter release... a collection of old and new shots.




::a photo a day keeps the doctor away #001::



2 commentaires:

stephanie a dit...

Thanks for the link to your shutter release account. I always lose it. :P

Wanted to reiterate here.... I like this shot alot! Love his perplexed, unimpressed expression (so cute!) and his amazing, captivating green eyes (you can really see them on shutter release!)

WE HAVE TO GO SHOOTING!!!!! I'm itching to go. I PROMISE I'm visiting this year! It's definitely on my "to-do" list for 2008. Despite what you posted about resolutions (I'm just like that I must admit!), here's to hoping. :)

Blessings!

Anonyme a dit...

I met Alexis yesterday. She came to our weekly meeting, and even shared about the cool things happening in Montréal/Québec. And you guys are sending 12 ppl on project? :O

I thought you guys were even struggling to keep a group together, there :)

Also, that is one really cool lens you have there. I have a hunch that if you stopped it down from 1.4 to maybe 1.8 or 2, it would get even sharper (not talking about the DOF increase).

P.S. I like your photo. I'm wondering if that kid's parent knows you're following him around with a camera, though ;)