dimanche, mars 09, 2008

...and i didn't even make my bed.

Today was the most brutal morning I have had in...I don't even know how long. I can laugh at it now, because it's over, but the people outside my house are just starting their mornings and they're shovelling ice and snow off their cars. It's probably a brutal morning for them too.

I woke up at what I thought was 6:45am this morning, to get ready to go to church. I had to be there for practice at 8:15am. "I have lots of time," I thought to myself. I took a long shower and then went to change. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that my computer said it was 8:06am. "That's weird," I thought, "It's only 7:06am."

"OH NOOOOO! Daylight savings time!"

So I rushed out of the house with wet hair, stepped into waist-deep snow (because of the snowstorm) and tried to plow my way to the metro. I didn't even make my bed. And for those of you who know me, this is a BIG thing. I'm usually only pretty anal about two things: my bed and my bookshelf. It doesn't matter if everything else is messy (okay, well it does...but it doesn't bother me AS much)...but if my bed isn't made, I think about it all day until I make it.

I digress.

I got to the metro, pulled out my metro pass and swiped it. No go. I tried again. Disaster! My metro pass wasn't working!! And as I struggled with my metropass, I heard the rumblings from down the stairs. My train had come and gone. Ridiculous! So, I ended up waiting another 10 minutes for the train. By this time, it was already 8:30 and I was pretty ticked off at myself.

As I walked down the hill from the metro station towards church, I slipped and ALMOST fell into a snowbank, which made my pants all wet.... and then 2 minutes later, i fell into ANOTHER snowbank!!

Needless to say, I was late for church. And i had a wet bum for the whole service.

But...

moral of the story: ....


i'm not sure WHAT the point of this story is, except to gripe. The good news is that despite my messy hair and wet bum, I feel like I'm making friends at church....which is a lovely thing.

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

:) I'm glad you're not depressed from your crazy morning.

Interesting story: I don't think I've made my bed once at all since moving into residence this past September :D

My roommate makes his bed every day, though, lol.

Anonyme a dit...

Oh, and I forgot it was Daylight Savings Time, too. I went to bed slightly confused last night because my alarm clock and watch said it was an hour earlier than I thought (my computer had already switched forward). Then my roommate woke me up right before it was time to go to Church. Ha ha. Thank you, roommate who makes his bed and remembers DST.

Anonyme a dit...

hi friend! :)

i'm sleepy.

Justin Alm a dit...

Good postage.