mardi, septembre 23, 2008

Faithful One.

i was crossing the street today on a green light, when a car turning left almost hit me. He honked angrily, and drove off, and my initial response was a sudden burst of anger. I don't know where it came from; I was just so angry at the injustice of it all. But anger quickly turned to sadness, and I cried all the way home. I know it sounds like such a silly thing to be sad over, but it's been a string of not so great weeks, and I don't know, I just felt so broken by it all.

To top it off, I haven't really known how to communicate with God lately. I haven't been walking in the power of the Holy Spirit, and I've believed the lies that I'm too tired and too weary to come to God and lay the burdens at His feet. At night, I have dreams that are immensely sad; I never remember what they are, but I wake up feeling beyond sad and fatigued as though I haven't slept well.

After the whole car episode, I came home and took a nap. I dreamt that I was sitting in a room, playing a guitar and singing the song Faithful One. I don't know why I'd be singing that song in my dream, since, like, no one has sung that song since the 90s. But I woke up, pulled out the guitar and played the song over and over again. And there was peace in my heart.

I love how God would go to the farthest depths, even to my dreams, to bring comfort.

Faithful One,
so unchanging,
Ageless One,
You're my rock of peace.
Lord of all,
I depend on You,
I call out to You,
again and again.
I call out to You,
again and again.

You are my rock,
in times of trouble.
You lift me up,
When I fall down.
All through the storms,
your love is the anchor,
My hope is in you alone.

5 commentaires:

Jess Versteeg a dit...

I seriously love that song.

Anonyme a dit...

Hey you still coming to O-town on the 18th? Let me know if you still want to meet up. And a remember, you can always give me a call if you feel like it:)

Anonyme a dit...

God is good.
Also, my church sings that song a lot (that and other '90s songs). Our youth will go to citywide youth events and be like, "Hillsongs who?" (That really happened).

p.s. i'm REALLY glad you didn't get hit by that car!!

deb a dit...

we sang this to abel on our very special night together. it's been one of my all time favourites.

Anonyme a dit...

wonderful story Lydia.