mercredi, janvier 07, 2009

there's a fire in my bones...

i don't know what God has been doing in my life lately. This is the second day this week that i've had a ridiculous joy in my Spirit. Is He healing me? i'm almost scared to be hopeful. Since Winter Conference, something has changed in my heart. i can't pinpoint it, but i've felt Him in ways i'm not sure if i ever have before.

Depression. i feel her hovering over me, like a hungry wolf, ready to pounce, and yesterday was proof she's still hanging around, but in many of the days since Winter Conference, as i read His Word, verses just leap off the page in a way they never have before. Almost every verse i read today spoke to me, convicted me, challenged me. i spent almost every minute of today praising Him, begging Him for joy and peace to continue filling my heart.

“Come, let us return to the Lord;
for he has torn us, that he may heal us;
he has struck us down, and he will bind us up.
After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will raise us up,
that we may live before him.
Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord;
his going out is sure as the dawn;
he will come to us as the showers,
as the spring rains that water the earth.”
~ Hosea 6:1-3

3 commentaires:

Jess Versteeg a dit...

ME TOO!!!!!!!

Anonyme a dit...

I'm encouraged that you're encouraged :)

Don't be afraid of tomorrow, even if there IS a chance it might be horribly bad. It'll be ok.

lowonthego a dit...

paulman: thanks for those scripture verses. In the morning, they were really encouraging.