dimanche, janvier 04, 2009

winter is coming, but the ice is melting.

Something magical, dare i say, miraculous, happened that night at Winter Conference. i laid down all my hopes, my dreams--dreams i never even knew i had--and crucified them at the cross.

Lord, i prayed, if you want to resurrect these dreams, you will. i miss you, and i want so badly to be healed. To feel a sense of peace. It's been so long. Are you even here? i know you are, i just want to know. i don't have anything to give you, except everything that i am dreaming of. i want to be free. To feel.

That night was the first time that i've felt in so long. Something about death, so that life can begin. One glimpse of Him, one touch of His hand. Having been without so long, a slight presence was more than enough to keep me going. Pressing on. Winter is just in its first throes, but the deep ice is melting.


Tonight the stars speak ~ The Glorious Unseen.

Tonight the stars speak of your infinite love
And it serves to remind me
That what I have means nothing at all
Compared to your glory, Oh lord

How long till your voice speaks clearly?
How long till your arms envelope me?
I cry be my strength when I am weak
Oh Lord have mercy on me please

My spirit is willing but my flesh is so weak
I cry in your arms now
God grant me the strength to rest in you
I lift my hands and cry

2 commentaires:

Olympia Lui a dit...

I went to the glorious unseen show (:

Anonyme a dit...

Hmm... I don't know what exactly you're describing, but I'm happy to hear it :) It reminds me of this verse, too.