lundi, février 02, 2009

i'll give it time, give it space, and be still for a spell.

Learning so much about what it means to wait upon the LORD, these days. It's been good for me. The constant reminder. Through songs, through books, through THE Book.
The lesson is not about the earthly things i am waiting for, but rather, Jesus. Waiting patiently for Him to transform my life. Waiting patiently for Him to do a good work in and through me. Waiting for Him to make me more like Him. Waiting for Him to cause the sun to rise, or hasten summer's start. Only should He choose.

What He brings tomorrow, the lessons I will learn, these are not up to me. But those things He has brought me today are what I need to accept, to wrestle with, in some cases, place on the altar, and in other cases, cherish deeply.


She will have to take Christ's yoke upon her and learn of Him. I do know that waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one's thoughts...God's time for further revelations of the heart might come later. Tomorrow was not our business; it was His. Letting it rest with Him was the discipline for the day, and it was enough. ~ Elisabeth Elliot

0 commentaires: