mardi, janvier 04, 2011

Questions on my mind lately...

This is pretty choppy. Last year, for some reason, really caused me to lose my blogging "mojo". Sorry. I didn't want to use the word "mojo", but it was all i could come up with.

(i just thesaurus.commed "mojo"...whoops, i didn't know that mojo is synonymous with blow, crack, coke and nose candy....)

Anyways.

A big question on my mind lately is: Does God only ever lead us to hard places?

Often, as Christians, we're challenged to go to hard places, to do hard things. Jesus even says that "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." The context of this is in His challenge for people to follow Him.

What i see this to mean is that when we follow Him, we aren't guaranteed comfort, and sacrifice is often imminent.

So does this mean that if we aren't doing the hardest things we could possibly do, we would be disobedient to God's call? i mean, part of the reason why the world isn't yet reached is because of disobedient Christians who don't want to leave their places of comfort for God's sake.

If this is the case, should all of us be doing the hardest and most challenging thing we can think up?

How do missionaries decide to leave places like China or Afghanistan or Palestine or ________ (insert closed country here) and move back to Canada? Is there such justification? Will i have to live here in Quebec forever? How does one feel the freedom to leave hard places?

i know that the answer will be something like, "They listen to God's leading and follow." But can someone help me straighten out my thoughts by giving me a dose of good ol' Bibleage?

2 commentaires:

Deepak a dit...

Shelly and I were talking about this actually, right before Christmas break. I have some thoughts. And I don't think that they are very widely-liked. So, If you're still interested, I can FB msg you or email you.

lowonthego a dit...

YEs, definitely still interested in hearing this. You've especially made me curious since you think they are not widely appreciated.

email me!