samedi, août 30, 2003

I have a memory for faces.

Certain unexpected events, meetings have led me to have a faith in my memory for faces...unparalled to any other type of memory.

Tonight, I had a uncanny craving for pistachio pudding. Having nothing else to do ( what up with that?), i stood up, grabbed the car keys and drove myself to the IGA to grab some pistachio pudding mix. On the way to the J-E-L-L-O aisle, I glanced over the the deli, hoping to see Brodie Houlette, so i could say goodbye to him. Needless to say, when you are looking for someone you are often quite certain to NOT find them. Karma. Instead, I saw a familiar face. Instantly, i remembered him from Mr. Goudie's grade 6 class at Delwood Elementary. I was his classmate. I pushed along, desperately craving my pistachio pudding and feeling as though i was pregnant....(after all, i've heard that when women are pregnant, they have strange cravings), I almost broke the speed barrier in my attempt to find my pudding mix. I went to pay for my pudding, and left IGA. But then i thought, perhaps I should go say hi to this boy from my elementary school class. So I went back inside and made my way to the rotisserie/deli counter.

" Hi...errrrmmm...ummm.... I think i Know you"

*blank stare*

" Mr. Goudie's class? Grade 6?"

*blank stare*

" I was the girl who skipped a grade"

"OH YEAH! I haven't seen you in 6 years! Its funny how you could remember me!"

and so on went the conversation. See? I have a crazily good memory for faces. I'm not even sure if Devon really remembered me or not. Regardless, I had quite and interesting time.

This is not the only time something like this has happened.

Last monday, while we were at blockbuster and levina was paying for the movie, I recognized the cashier. I knew I had gone to school with her,and I remembered that her name was Alyssa. So i asked her what elementary school she went to. Father Leo Green was her reply. Yep, she was in my grade 3 class there. She didn't remember me though. I don't blame her. After all, its been 9 years since i last saw her? LOL. I am some crazy girl.

0 commentaires: