vendredi, août 29, 2003

I just have to post. I'm in such a pissy mood.

The whole time i was in Winnipeg, there were always these guys who would screech their tires and yell out of their car windows " HEY HOTSTUFF...YOU ARE A SEXY CHICK", or some tacky rendition of that. It irked me there, and with huge sighs of relief I would think to myself, " Thank goodness I live in Edmonton." Then today, while i was driving, some souped up Acura honked at me, and the passengers began to make obscene gestures at me. Thinking to myself, " Just ignore them", I kept my eyes focused on the road, and kept driving. Then they wrote " HEY BEAUTIFUL CHICK, pull over, you're hot" on a piece of paper. Some shallow girls would be flattered by that. I on the other hand was angered. I hate being treated as though I'm a commodity. What did they think? They can get me to spread my legs and get fucked because of some very unflattering, almost insulting comment? Doing something I'd never do, I gave them the dirtiest look i could muster and stuck up my finger. Then breaking the law, I sped off and a very fast speed.

So then I headed onwards to my drum lesson. As i was getting out of my car, some guy whistled, and approached me. He asked me for my number and told me that I was one hot hot babe, and if i was up for a one night stand, he'd gladly be up for it. Already pissed off by that Acura, I told the guy that I wasn't into things like that. He replied by saying that all girls are into things like that. My reply wasn't so Christian like: " Listen, I'm not a whore, but if you were a girl you'd definitely be one. Get outta my way you jackass, I don't take crap like that. I'm a girl, not a commodity. And if i had no choice, i'd rather have sex with a donkey."

Then, on my way to kumon, another guy whistled at me. I gave him the most disgusted look i could muster up and walked off. I wasn't even dressed inappropriately. Just jeans and a t-shirt. Wholy.

It makes me so mad that girls are still treated like commodities. It angers me that girls treat themselves like commodities. How society treats us like commodities. Defects are rejected. Look at all the ads in magazines and billboards. Who ever sees a girl with not so nice skin, who's overweight? Imperfections? Just like objects, there's always a solution! Plastic surgery, liposuction, stapling. Sad thing is, most girls fall for it. " Whats wrong with me?", they question. Maybe they should ask, " Whats wrong with our society?" I hate it when guys use terms like " She's my Bitch". No, I'm not the equivalent of a dog.

I know it seems like i'm a raging feminist. I'm not. I just think that females need more respect. We need to learn how to respect ourselves more, and the male specimen ( as a huge generalization) needs to learn how to respect us.

Can't hold us down ~Christina Aguilera and Lil' Kim
So what am I not supposed to have an opinion/Should I be quiet just because I'm a woman/Call me a bitch cos I speak what's on my mind/Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled/When a female fires back/Suddenly the target don't know how to act/So he does what any little boy will do/Making up a few false rumors or two/That for sure is not a man to me/Slanderin' names for popularity/It's sad you only get your fame through controversy /But now it's time for me to come and give you more to say//

This is for my girls all around the world/Who've come across a man who don't respect your worth/Thinking all women should be seen, not heard/So what do we do girls?/Shout louder!/Letting them know we're gonna stand our ground/Lift your hands high and wave them proud/Take a deep breath and say it loud/Never can, never will, can't hold us down//

Nobody can hold us down/Nobody can hold us down/Nobody can hold us down/Never can, never will//

So what am I not supposed to say what I'm saying/Are you offended by the message I'm bringing/Call me whatever cos your words don't mean a thing/Guess you ain't even a man enough to handle what I sing/If you look back in history/It's a common double standard of society/The guy gets all the glory the more he can score/While the girl can do the same and yet you call her a whore/I don't understand why it's okay/The guy can get away with it & the girl gets named/All my ladies come together and make a change/Start a new beginning for us everybody sing//

This is for my girls all around the world/Who've come across a man who don't respect your worth/Thinking all women should be seen, not heard
What do we do girls?/Shout louder!/Letting them know we're gonna stand our ground/Lift your hands high and wave 'em proud/Take a deep breath and say it loud/Never can, never will, can't hold us down//

Check it - Here's something I just can't understand/If the guy have three girls then he's the man/He can either give us some head, sex her off/If the girl do the same, then she's a whore/But the table's about to turn/I'll bet my fame on it/Cats take my ideas and put their name on it/It's aiight though, you can't hold me down/I got to keep on movin'/To all my girls with a man who be tryin to mack/Do it right back to him and let that be that/You need to let him know that his game is whack/And Lil' Kim and Christina Aguilera got your back/But you're just a little boy/Think you're so cute, so coy/You must talk so big /To make up for small lil' things/So you're just a little boy/All you'll do is annoy/You must talk so big /To make up for small lil' things//

This is for my girls.../This is for my girls all around the world/Who've come across a man who don't respect your worth/Thinking all women should be seen, not heard/So what do we do girls?/Shout louder!/Letting them know we're gonna stand our ground/Lift your hands high and wave 'em proud/Take a deep breath and say it loud/Never can, never will, can't hold us down/This is for my girls all around the world/Who've come across a man who don't respect your worth/Thinking all women should be seen, not heard/So what do we do girls?/Shout louder!/Letting them know we're gonna stand our ground/Lift your hands high and wave 'em proud/Take a deep breath and say it loud/Never can, never will, can't hold us down/Spread the word, can't hold us down//


p.s~ sorry about my language. I always say that profanity is the crutch of an intellectual cripple...but i'm already crippled by my anger. So yes. This is one of the rare times you will ever hear ( well, read) me swear profusely like that.

0 commentaires: