mercredi, septembre 10, 2003

Welps, university is pretty crazy. Lets see, looks like I will be dying for a couple more days ( apparently, we will get internet Monday the 15th). Lies. I can pretty much bet that i wont get it until the end of the month. Its actually quite funny how much people ( with special reference to students) rely on the net. Everyone--and i when I say everyone it is not an exaggeration, has been complaining about the lack of internet. My roomate and I are especially guilty of this. What can i say? I have become a C-wannabe. Always wanting to be on the computer. Is this healthy? This incessant want...make that need to be on the internet all the time? The internet has become an addiction. A drug. There are very few who have escaped this bug. I have no doubt that the internet is actually a very strong addiction. Perhaps it is time for a change in my life? NO THANK YOU. Its been a week and 2 days since I have arrived in Toronto, and I must say that I detest this unrelenting lack of msn and the internet. And yet, the older generations and those from developing countries seem to manage fine--make that more than fine without this marvelous invention. A doubt creeps into my mind as to whether or not this invention is actually the epitome of human success. This is a drug that is definitely not required. And yet...I crave for it. I do realize that I sound very much insane. This is what the lack of internet has done to me. All I have to say is one word: " EEGADS".

In other Lydia news...

My gas tank is running on empty. I'm actually physically drained. Each morning I wake up at approximately 4:15 am ( 2:15 Edmonton time), so that I can attend rowing practices by 5:30 am ( 3:30 Edmonton time). Then I come back, hopefully take a 15 minute nap, eat breakfast, and then begin my trek to campus ...which is technically 15 minutes away from my residence. However, that is only the start of campus. Most of my classes are on the other side of campus, therefore an additional 30 minutes at least is required for me to walk to my classes. Yes, there is a more efficient method to getting to my classes. The TTC...for non Torontonians, that would be the subway. However, I resent the inflated prices and am not willing to pay such huge amounts of money for a TTC pass ( $110 a month at least). So ped is my only means of motility. Classes are sporadically aligned, however I have very few classes ( and yet, the maximum courseload...and actually an overload). By the time its 9:30 pm (7:30 pm), I'm wiped out and am forced to go to sleep.

That is the typical day in the new Toronto life of Lydia.

Aside from that, I attended a campus crusade meeting yesterday ( the first of the year). This year and my walk with God has definitely been interesting. I met a girl that actually came to Christ because of Karmen Wong's parents. She actually visited Edmonton earlier this summer and I was supposed to meet her, but didn't end up going. This world is such a small world. Then at campus crusade, I met a whole bunch of people who know Karmen, Jonathan and Teresa. It was actually quite uncanny how popular this trio actually is.Also at the campus crusade meeting, I saw this guy..and instantly remembered that he was on my plane from Edmonton to Toronto. ( See? I told you I am in posession of an uncanny memory!). I told him that...and after the initial shock that I remembered him, without even talking to him, we got into a conversation. He's good friends with RYAN LAU! Isn't that crazy? The Christian community is crazy! Everyone knows someone who knows someone.

What else is there to say? Hrrm...no laundry room till September 30th now. I find that crazy and totally unacceptable, but meh..what can a small, insignificant dot in a huge city do? not much i'd say. Speaking of insignificance, University is definitely a place where I feel very insignificant. Its a very impersonal place, where I find it difficult to make friends. Its a bit lonely at times, but has also forced me to depend more on God. Each day, I'm constantly and definitely more aware of all the small miracles He performs in my life. I've also become more aware of His intricate and awemazing plans that He has for me. Its definitely been a strange, liberating and amazing experience. I'd definitely reccommend moving away to all you at homers. Not saying I don't miss home and my parents. I do very much. However, there are just some things that you can't learn from living at home.

At any rate, please continue to pray for me. Its very lonely here sometimes and yet, there isn't much time to sit wallowing in self-pity.

I miss all of you so much. Well..all of my friends. i don't miss anyone who's a crazy stalker and reads this. I'm always here for you to talk to, call me whenever. E-mail me, snail mail. Whatever. Trust in God always! I'm praying for all of you!

Ciao bellas and hrrm..whats the masculine form for beautiful? I don't know...bellos...^_^ MUAH!

0 commentaires: