jeudi, février 09, 2006

what a weird week.

i'm realizing that in my head there exists these weird and skewed expectations that i have for myself. i'm frustrated because i cannot meet these expectations. Not only do i have them for myself, i impose them on other people so that i can channel my anger towards them instead of feeling angry at myself for not being able to reach these expectations. no one else puts these expectations on me, but when i don't succeed i feel as though i'm letting everyone down.

but now that i realize this, i'm having a hard time reconciling the fact that i am indeed incapable of reaching these expectations set up for myself. i'm angry at myself because i can't possibly reach these standards and wonder why i even have them in the first place.

i mean really, why can't i be superwoman?

and in reading over this, there comes the realization that this blog has a whole bunch of "i's" in it. Since when did school and ministry become about ME and what I can do?

oh humility, how i need more of you.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Well atleast you recognize it. I do it to myself too, but once I acknowledge that I did it, it was easier to identify it before it got worse.

Sid S. a dit...

j'ai la même problème...