mercredi, mars 15, 2006

But now, if you will forgive their sin--but if not, please blot me out of your book that you have written. ~ Exodus 32:32

I am speaking the truth in Christ--I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit-- that I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh. ~ Romans 9:1-3


its one thing to say i would give up my life for Christ.

but wow. that my heart would break so much for the lost that i would be willing to give up my own salvation to see God's glory manifested throughout is a whole new perspective.

***

in other news, does anyone know of a Christian ministry in Toronto dealing with women who work as prostitutes? I loved our prayer ministry in this area last summer in Montreal, and i think i'd like to get involved with some sort of ministry dealing with the sex trade this summer. anyone know of anything?

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

ahh now I see the picture you used in the banner...

Anonyme a dit...

Check out "Sanctuary". I know some people who run it and could get you hooked up. It's at Yonge and Bloor.

Anonyme a dit...

Hey Lyd. There's an agency at Bathurst and Bloor called Streetlight Support Services, and it runs both the court diversion program for women who have been charged for 'soliciting' as well as the John school in Toronto. They're not a Christian organization, but their primary goal is to get women OUT of the trade, and assisting them practically in (re)building their lives - they place a negative value on sex work, but not upon the women and men who do it.

http://www.streetlightsupportservices.com/