vendredi, mars 03, 2006

Okay seriously, WHAT IS WITH THE ELDERLY AND THEIR NEED TO FEED THE BIRDS??

pigeons are dirty and disgusting diseased creatures!! So why do the elderly always sit down on park benches and scatter bread crumbs all over the place, ENCOURAGING pigeons to return and infest the area!! i mean, come on! get a dog or something! visit a pet store and cuddle with the kittens and puppies.

sometimes, i feel like lobbing a pigeon...just walking up to it and giving it a good kick and watch it go. of course i never do that. those things are monstrous, and for all i know, the whole gang would come and attack me--it could be a sequel to THE BIRDS by Alfred Hitchcock.

all i know is this: when i'm old, if you catch me sitting at a park bench feeding the birds, wack me across the head and tell me to find something better to do with myself, like feeding the homeless. YES think about all the bread that is wasted on the stupid, ugly, fat birds!! [For those of you who do not live in Toronto, you may not understand this concept..but honestly the pigeons here are FAT and don't give two hoots about people walking by them. All they do is eat the food given to them and waddle around pooping on people's heads.]
***

In other news, i have much to say about "Christianese" and "john piper-ese" but i must formulate my thoughts on these things before i say anything rash and have a conglomerate of johnny pip fans hatin on me. Check back for it. i think there will be some profound thoughts. haha, much needed on this blog, since there hasn't been much other than griping about my flu and such. Soon. very soon.


(i'm currently sad. sigur ros is coming to Toronto may 13th, and i won't even be here. i always miss the cool shenanigans that happen in the summer.)

8 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

i thoroughly enjoyed the pigeon rant

Anonyme a dit...

if u blast piper, i'll b d 1st 2 support u. :P i won't b h8in' on u datz pho sho! :P

Anonyme a dit...

hey! i LIKE JOHN PIPER!!!!!!

Anonyme a dit...

i can totally relate to wanting to kick those darn pigeons.

they are really annoying.

Anonyme a dit...

hahahahah to your talk about pigeons lydia! i feel the same way, and have the same fear. they come out of NOWHERE, swoop down and are so unpredictable. i am scared that they are going to tell their pigeon friends that i kicked one and they will poo on me or poke my eyes out. lol! why can't they migrate in the winter? toronto ones are so fearless too, you really can walk up to one and kick it, i don't think that it would phase them either.

Anonyme a dit...

1.) I think pigeon poo is important to any Torontonian's identity. (you're from alberta though)

2.) I too love piper and I say, don't hate the playa hate the game, what I mean is: piper is great, but is not God and that People are starting to treat Piper like they treated Clive Staples Lewis, reading his words and forgetting about the Word. (capital W).

3.) Sigur Ros is my homeboy. you must have good taste.

4.) How did you find out about my blog you creepy stalker.

Anonyme a dit...

I saw Sigur Ros last year. I'll be home for that show. Maybe I'll see them again and let you know how it was :)

Anonyme a dit...

have you ever had a pigeon poo on your head, Son of Man? i have not. but you should ask J about that :P

as for #2, totally agree with you on that one.

#3, of course i have good taste, what did you ever doubt?

#4 i found your blog through your msn space dorkus. i'm not a creepy stalker. but your mom is!

travis, ugh you WROTE THAT ON PURPOSE TO MAKE ME JEALOUS! whatevs, i will not succumb to jealousy. i will RISE ABOVE!