dimanche, avril 16, 2006

relying on my own strength.

700 out of 6000. 2-3 weeks left.

i came to the realization today that i've been totally neglecting to pray over my support raising. my church has set a goal of $1700 which will cover project support and travel expenses, and for that i am SO grateful. today, they sold snacks to fundraise support for me!! i truly am blessed.

at the same time, i am hitting myself over the head for being so complacent about this and NOT praying about it and NOT beseeching God for this. i have to stop myself from worrying about this...after all, i've seen $700 come in, in less than one week. And i KNOW that God will provide my needs. Nevertheless, i cried a bit yesterday while i was on the subway. i came to this realization:

it is one thing to be confident that God will provide. and another thing to be confident in what mere human effort can obtain. oh, that He would increase and that i would decrease.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

your confession convicted me...Last week I was feeling disappointed when a couple people I expected to give big didn't really come through (for North Africa Project). What faithlessness! It is all God's money anyways...I was trusting in my rich brothers and sisters in Christ rather than Christ! What a tragic mistake!
crying on the subway...thats pretty intense. God truly breaks his own when they trust in themselves, but when he lifts them back up they are stronger than ever!

Anonyme a dit...

hey fellow-dependents. I've been super-blessed this year support wise. If I'm learning anything, it's to NEVER get comfortable. things may be going well, but i need many more supporters on board if i'm going to do bigger things in the future