samedi, juin 17, 2006

i wish there was some way that i could sum up my time here. some way to declare that i will leave knowing i've made a profound difference on montreal. but the truth is...montreal project has had a profound impact on me. its been a humbling process--once which i'm still mulling over.

its a weird feeling knowing that in a week i'll be back to Toronto..a place which has become home. In 6 weeks we can become enamoured with a city, especially when there is a huge and pointed purpose in going to that city in the first place. But after 3 years in a city, its easy to become jaded and even bitter towards broken hearts and broken people--all components of a place we call home, and a thing we call life.

In a week i'll be back in Toronto. My home. And if i'm perfectly honest...i'm scared. i feel as though i haven't had adequate time to debrief myself before jetting off to New York and then back to home. But this in itself is a minor thing. Perhaps i'm more scared because my eyes have been opened to heartbreak in the lives of those i live with and those i share life with in Toronto. How do i deal with this? I suppose its the same way i would deal with heartbreak to those i'm ministering to here in Montreal.
Going back also means i have to deal with some unresolved issues with me and others, and this scares me as well. On my own, i am incapable of showing love. But it is my hope that i would go home to Toronto and be a good ambassador there too. I want to live life largely during what is possibly my last year in Toronto.
I want to bring God's cheer and love to those i live with.

its my prayer that this note that was left on my door here in Montreal wouldn't just be reflective of my time here...but reflective of a life lived fully for Christ.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Toronto misses you! We can do some debrief together Lord willing when you get back from that other big city south of Toronto that doesn't pwn as much as Toronto. How do you process such a time?!

"montreal project has had a profound impact on me. its been a humbling process"

Amen sister!

Anonyme a dit...

awww... I miss Solin hall:( Yeah, I can't imagine what it would be like to leave montreal for the 2nd year in a row like that. Project withdrawl is definitely the most difficult part, especially when it comes to living like Christ without the support of a whole team behind you. Be keeping you in my prayers!