vendredi, juillet 14, 2006

i don't like plumbers.

or contractors.

or any strange men that have to come into my apartment when i'm alone to fix things.


our kitchen sink hasn't been draining for over a week now, so our landlord's son came to try and fix it. he came with his wife. they were a lovely couple. but he was definitely not a lovely fixer upper. i think he made it worse. now my sink drains...but not out and away. rather, it drains into a bucket underneath the sink.

so, my landlord has sent a plumber. the only thing is..i'm home alone, and i'm scared of strange men in my house. this is one of the only times i will ever say this aloud--i wish i had a boyfriend.

then he'd be pretty much obligated to be here and protect me from strange men.

but alas, i am boyfriendless (probably more by choice than anything else..although its also partially situational..so i can't really complain)...

of course, parentals would suffice as well. alas, my parentals are in deadmonton.

or just a friend that's a guy. too bad every guy friend of mine lives far away and has a life. job..life...same deal.

of course, a girlfriend would also suffice. i mean she'd have to be pretty buff to protect me...but two is better than one! However, we've established that i lack girlfriends. and any girlfriends i do have (i.e. roommates, girlfriends etc) are all out of town.

this leaves me to rely on my awesome and amazing kung-fu skills.

i mean..all chinese have kung-fu skills right? its in our blood. just in case, i'll put on a couple of extra rings. you know, not unlike J Lo in Enough.


** edit: okay, so after tonight...i realize... i do not need a boyfriend to protect me from plumbers.
parentals are nice, but they're not always going to be able to protect me from plumbers.
all i need is Jack Bauer to protect me.

OR become that crazy hot girl in season 4 who SCHOOLS everyone except jack bauer.

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

hahahahaha! My dad always told me to be aware of the fact that ALL men are potential stalkers and predators and never approach those that are strangers/plumbers, etc. (unless of course he is chinese which reduces the criminal factor by 50%).

But you DO have a buff male friend who is willing to protect you! Have you forgotten about Richard Simmons?? (I saw him on TV the other night) Big, buff, and wears sequins. Nobody will dare to harm you. If Richard is busy, just keep a baseball bat nearby; and the back door unlocked (and cell phone in back pocket). You'll be safe and sound:) Or umm I can lend you some of my dad's kung fu tapes and you can train yourself.

Anonyme a dit...

did my comment post up? hmm how come it still says zero comments??

Anonyme a dit...

sorry monica....richard is YOUR boyfriend..not mine. remember? you're the one who subscribes to him.

and i live in an apartment building. haha i don't have a back door.

but you're right. maybe i SHOULD train myself. ^_^

Anonyme a dit...

(it's also partially situational..so i can't really complain)...that was funny, but...

I haven't seen a comment as good as the one Monica left in quite some time. Very well done.

good times.

oh, and you need not worry because Jack Bauer can fly a plane from the luggage compartment and his calender goes from March 31st to April 2nd, no one fools Jack Bauer.