mardi, août 01, 2006

Lesson for the Day: Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, so take good care of it, so that you can serve Him effectively.

Until today, Lydia had never fainted before. But i suppose, there is a first time for everything!

4 hours of sleep + no breakfast + no lunch + giving blood on a day when its 46 degrees with humidity+ class where the AC is broken= NOT A GOOD IDEA!

i went and gave blood today, without having eaten lunch or breakfast... felt okay...and then ran off to class. got to class, and we were watching this cool video on punishment. i got all excited about the video, because they mentioned how Christians were once really persecuted, and they talked a lot about stoning and cruxifixions and such. i was thinking about how i could segue into the gospel during the ensuing group discussion, when i started to feel really dizzy. i started to feel as though i was going to vomit, so i stood up, maneuvered my way out of the classroom..and i remember thinking to myself...i just need to stop and rest for a second. So i grasped the wall just outside of the classroom.

The next thing i remembered was hearing my knees hit the tiled floor and thinking to myself, oh i'll just rest here for a second. everything went black, and the next thing i know, i was in a fetal position, a man was tapping me on the back asking me if i needed help. He helped me up, and took me to the arts and science office....where they gave me juice and told me to sit for awhile. i was shaking pretty badly and sweating like a madwoman--literally drops of sweat dripping down my face!

sat there for awhile, got back in time for the class break, asked my prof if i could go early...but she said that if i did, i'd lose participation marks and would miss her lecture. So i stayed the whole time...completely out of it and totally zonked.

Now i am home..but i wish i had taken better care of myself. because if i had, maybe i would have been "sane" enough to share the gospel with my classmates during group discussion.

moral of the story: lydia is going to take much better care of herself, because you can't share the gospel if you're worried that you're going to hurl or faint again.

5 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

I once gave blood, and didn't eat lunch cause my appointment was for 11:15 and didn't think it'd take 1hour to get through the line.
I gave blood, got through the nurses care and into the area for cookies and juice.... then almost fainted. They put me on the strecher bed and made me stay there a while.

Have never given blood since because of all of the trouble of my medication, and having pierced my nose in 1st year.

Anonyme a dit...

Woman!!! Are you okay? (sorry i tend to get mummy'ish) Eat. Mange. Mange. Drink LOTS of water!!!

Lemme know how you're doing.

Anonyme a dit...

rebecca: haha on the stretcher eh... that's pretty sick yo.

aban: aww, hun, i'm doing fine. i have a killer headache... like "oh my gosh i have to pop some pills NOW" but other than that i am dandy :) even managed to make it up to church tonight. hehe.

Anonyme a dit...

Wow... craziness...

The heat seems to be hitting everyone (it's getting freaksihly hot here in Montreal suddenly). Rest well and as Aban says, drink lots of water!

Anonyme a dit...

:(
at least u gave blood