vendredi, septembre 29, 2006

commenting.

dear friends,

i know that in this impatient world, a comment that doesn't show up right away (even after you refresh your browser) is like sitting in gridlock during rush hour.

but on this blog, you'll have to put up with it.

SO, post your comment. if it doesn't show up right away, don't worry. if you've clicked the "post" button, it'll show up eventually. wait a day or so. if you think your comment is vital (i.e. the world is going to blow up in the next 30 seconds, take cover!) call me, and we'll chat. if not, wait a couple of hours and check to see if your comment is there. if it still hasn't appeared and you've definitely refreshed your browser...then comment again.

but don't comment right away if you see that your comment hasn't shown up. you end up posting the same comment millions of times, and you end up getting my hopes up, making me feel as though i'm the most popular person on the earth with comment lovage...and then realizing that i am not as popular as it may have seemed.

not to mention that you end up looking like you're a "post-button" pressing maniac.

hope this helps a bit with any commenting syndromes you might be experiencing (or experienced in the past).
cheers,
lydia.

6 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

at least u get comments on ur blog!

and i admit i'm VERY jealous! i don't even get many blogstalkers on mah blog... i kno coz i have a stalkers list.

i have to remind myself everyday i see my blog that my blog does not define my likeability... i just happen to have frenz who are useless at posting comments! hahaha.

Anonyme a dit...

hey lyds, thank you SO MUCH for that geeky fact! i am so giving into the geekiness and using it in my upcoming seminar on eye movements (my psychology of reading course). :D the littlest coincidences like this make me smile. :)

kudos to hosting your own thanksgiving dindin! Satan invites you to do some wallowing...reject it & give thanks with those you love instead. beautiful!

Anonyme a dit...

Or, if you have nothing to do, (or are procrastinating from those things that you should be doing) you can just sit and refresh over and over again. It usually shows up in about 2 minutes.

And yes Lydia, I do do other things... I'm just a crazy commenter (hailing back to my Earth:2025 days... not that you would know what that means.)

Anonyme a dit...

jonathan park:

back in my heyday i played counterstrike. i'm not completely isolated from the gaming world. i DO know what earth: 2025 is.

i want to make it clear, however, that i no longer play games, and i have never played earth: 2025.

i do, however, still use the word "pwn'd"

its a great word.

Anonyme a dit...

asd;flkjas'dflja;lksj;dflkajsd;lkf!!!!!1111

You know what Earth: 2025 is? Man, your coolness (or geekiness... it's the same thing to me) factor just went up 5 gajillion points.

(-_- I can't believe what an amalgamation of Chara and Wynja that was...)

And yes this post probably just reinforces in your mind that I'm a crazy addict of a blog stalker :P

Anonyme a dit...

And I agree... pwn'd is one of the greatest words created by the internet ever.