dimanche, octobre 01, 2006

the story of a girl, her prayers and her Saviour.

You were broken that I might be healed
You were cast off that I might draw near
You were thirsty that I might come drink
Cried out in anguish that I might sing


How deep is Your love
How high and how wide is Your mercy
How deep is Your grace
Our hearts overflow with praise
To You


You knew darkness that I might know light
Wept great tears that mine might be dried
Stripped of glory that I might be clothed
Crushed by Your Father to call me Your own

~How Deep, Stephen Altrogge
Based on The Valley of Vision prayer “Love Lustres at Calvary”

she can't count how many times she has cried out to God, pleading with Him to rescue her campus. how many times great tears fell down her face in frustration and loneliness. how many times she wondered when He would answer her cries, or whether He even heard.

in three years, there have been many days when she would walk to campus, shedding tears and crying out for God to give her the strength to do His work. there have been so many days where she would walk home from campus, shedding tears and crying out to Him, telling Him that she was too weak to respond to His call.

the days of loneliness often seemed infinite as she waited for the Lord to send her an army to conquer the campus. time and time again, she watched as other campuses grew strong, multiplying boldly, while she stood alone.

its been a long fight to believe. to trust in His goodness, His sovereignty, His plans and His strength. it is only because of His grace that i have been able to stand and wait in faith. oh, how many times i have doubted.

this weekend though, my mind flashed back to those countless times i have dropped on my knees and begged for His saving grace to be revealed on my campus. my mind flashed back to all the days when i questioned, wrestled and argued with God, asking Him if He even cared.
And i wept constantly this weekend. Not because i wondered if He had heard, but because this weekend proved to me that indeed, He has heard, and is at work. i am SO amazed that He would use what little i had and would multiply it. my heart weeps for joy, because my prayers of little faith have been heard and are being answered.

i don't know how to describe this weekend. it was marvelous. scrumptious. i have never been more aware of God's workings, His beauty, His faithfulness and all of His other characteristics. Words of praise songs have never sounded more real to me. the only time i have ever sobbed as much while singing worship songs was the night i realized His saving grace had paid the price for my sin and had bought me freedom.

When i got on the bus, there were so many U of T students, i didn't even know the names of some of them. Oh, how beautiful God's children are! Though our group of 23 seemed insignificant compared to McMaster's group of 140, i know that they are not insignificant. For this group of twenty three represent the raising up of labourers by God's mighty hand. To fill two tables in the cafeteria at Camp White Pine was amazing, seeing as we have never filled a single table completely. This morning, as we met for campus time, we sat in a room where we were running out of seating space on the chairs. To me, this weekend has marked a transition from a time of drought, desert sand and dry bones, to something new. i see breath entering these dry bones, and these bones living. i see sinews laid upon these bones and flesh to come upon them. i see these bones being covered with skin and breath being put into them. i see these bodies living and knowing that He is the LORD. i see them standing on their feet, an exceedingly great army.

i am so excited for what the LORD is going to do on campus. i won't be around when our numbers are like those of Mac or Guelph, but i am SO grateful that He has allowed me to be a part of setting the necessary foundation. it astounds me that He would allow me to do the small, yet powerful task of praying and beseeching Him for the campus. that He has heard my cries and that He has answered beyond what i could ever even ask for and imagine is something unmerited for a sinner like me. and yet, He has chosen to bless my heart of little faith.

in my own life, this weekend has marked a transition from a time of drought to a delighting in the living water that He offers. His Love is deep. His mercy is high and wide. My heart overflows with praise.

thank you Abba. thank you, thank you, thank you.


From 3 in 2004 to 23 in 2006.

9 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Hey Lydia!!

Great photo:) I'm so happy that so many students came out for Summit. That's quite an answered prayer. It's going to be an awesome year!!

I had quite the weekend at our increasingly Eastern-Ontario and Montreal campuses and will blog about it shortly;) We sure missed you guys though! Camp White Pine was the place we were at last year, right? We got the middle of Colbourg, ON with strange bathrooms.

Anonyme a dit...

God is sooo good.
All the time He is good.
Glad your weekend was encouragant!

Anonyme a dit...

Yeah seriously, summit was great. Although I'd REALLY like to know who's idea it was to put a camp beside 2 sets of train tracks. that was ridiculous. Summit was awesome and really great for the Queen's group - we had just under 50 go, but I think everyone who went is really stoked for the year. Lisa (who was an intern on N.Africa project) shared her 3 min talk on why she's decided to join staff, and I did a 3 minute thing on my trip to montreal and what I learned.... as a result of that Loni was saying that I'm known as the "Really Girl" because I said 'really' like 50 million times and I actually caught myself saying it and it was bad. anyways, good times, minus all of you projectiles. see post on the montreal project blog for a forlorn photo of chara and i.

p.s. lisa's talk made me that much closer to sure God wants me to join staff too. gah. yay UQAM.

Anonyme a dit...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Anonyme a dit...

Looks like good times babe :)! I'm glad you are so encouraged!

Anonyme a dit...

Y'all look beautiful!

Anonyme a dit...

hey Lydia, that was great well said and I am sure that God is smiling down at you.

Anonyme a dit...

glad 2 hear what God's been doing in u of t!!!

it was so sad coz we had our retreat at camp medeba... basically just a few clicks away from camp white pine. when i saw the camp white pine sign and we didn't turn towards it, i must admit, there was a twinge (alright, more than a twinge) of sadness that i wasn't going to get to c u guyz... but i'm glad 2 kno dat u had an awesome tym!!!

Anonyme a dit...

yeah I was pretty happy to see also the amount of people from U of T. And good people too who came. Gal 6:9 eh? it's a test sometimes, but it makes the result so much sweeter =->