vendredi, novembre 03, 2006

oh frailty, thy name is humanity.

some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They collapse and fall, but we rise and stand upright. ~Psalm 20:7

if i'm looking and trusting in myself and what i can do, i will collapse and fall. even the ground beneath me is not solid. how then, will i face life? when the day seems overwhelming right from the get-go, how will i make it through the day?

i will trust in the name of the LORD our God.

When I thought, "My foot slips,"
your steadfast love, O LORD, held
me up.
When the cares of my heart are many,
your consolations cheer my soul.
~Psalm 94:18-19

***

p.s. does anyone want to be my friend tonight? i can't go home, so i'm staying at J's place, but i don't want to stay here for hours on end and over stay my welcome. if you DO want to be my friend, phone me (i left my cell at their place, but phone and leave a message). i'd love some de-stressing company.

(if you're a stalker, please don't phone me. that would be too creepy.)

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

You'll never overstay your welcome!! No need to vacate.

Anonyme a dit...

LOL... if your a stalker, don't phone me. How would they know your number to call you anyway Lydia :P

Anonyme a dit...

oh lyds, i wish i could be ur friend tonite! would u by chance be in the mood for a road trip to ottawa?? :D *heehee*

Anonyme a dit...

Hey, I'd also offer you some friendship. But I moved even further away from you a few weeks ago :( But these offers of friendship may not come much longer if that picture remains in your facebook...

Why, yes, that is a threat.