samedi, mars 17, 2007

goodbyes are hard to say.

Four weeks. Four weeks until ministry wraps up for the summer. Four weeks until official school is over, and all that remain are exams. Each time I see a friend, I think to myself that it may be the last time I see them. I strive for good conversations, because I don't want my last memory of them to be superficial. Saying goodbye is imminent.
Today was the Festival of Planning. I had been told that I need not go, that it would be good for me to step back. I decided to go, regardless. I'm still not sure why. It felt unsettling to be there. It would have been unsettling to not go.

I sat outside, listening to laughter coming from the rooms. It trickled down the hall. Little bursts of happiness. It was the first time in three years that I hadn't been involved in some way. Though my role has shifted, spotlights shifting off of me and leaving me in the shadows, I am grateful for this. I have been praying for ways to serve without being noticed, and this could not come at a better time. There are many things I want to do in the four weeks that remain, and I desire to press on towards the end. I want to finish the race well.

Sitting there today reminded me that this season of my life is coming to a close. Soon, it will be time to say goodbye. In some ways, I already have. I know I will enjoy that which is to come, that new seasons are just as much a cause to rejoice as the completion of another.

Today though, I am missing what has not yet gone. My heart hurts as I turn over the keys to that which I have so deeply invested in for almost four years.

Tomorrow will be a new day. I will attack it with ferocity and fervour.

Cheers to four years of ministry and time well spent. Cheers to this upcoming season of support raising.

Allons-y!

5 commentaires:

amac a dit...

cheers to these next 4 weeks!

Son of Man a dit...

You guys are nerds.

Anonyme a dit...

leeediyaaah. je suis triste, parce que you wont be at u of t next year :*(
but hurrah, God has big plans for you!

~ sincerely,
a devoted fan

lowonthego a dit...

amac...

i think joshua just called us nerds. watch out, robinson. i'm chinese. i have kung fu skills up the wazoo.

Sid S. a dit...

nerds r kewl!!!

lydia, nerd is très chic nowadays.

i wudn't kol amac a nerd tho'... he's not eccentric enuf 2 b one...