jeudi, avril 19, 2007

The best discipler in the whole world (well, other than Jesus).

Today, I had my last personal discipleship (PD) time with J. It was great! I really love J. She knows the Word like a Chinese person knows Kung-Fu, she loves crazy people (namely myself), she speaks the truth and she uses phrases like "that honks" and "well big gulps eh?"

I don't even KNOW what "well, big gulps eh" means, but if J says it, it must be cool.

But in all seriousness, it has been an amazing 2.5 years. J has listened to me laugh, rant about boys, cry, and rant more about boys. She has constantly challenged me to probe into the word:

"Here," she says as she hands me a Bible, "Take this and tell me what you know about ____(insert Biblical topic here)_____ ."

And has taught me what it means to open up your life to your disciples.

She has also taught me that you are never too old to ride a carousel...


Before I moved to Toronto, I had very few people who could model the Spirit-filled life to me, but J lives and acts the kind of life a woman of God should strive to live--one filled with the Spirit, where Christ is Lord. If there is one thing I will truly miss about my time in university and my time in Toronto, it will be all the times I have spent with J. Other than my parents, no one else has ever demonstrated so much love and grace (seasoned with truth) towards me. To say I am immensely grateful sounds cliche and cheesy. Nevertheless, it is the truth. I am beyond immensely grateful.



0 commentaires: