vendredi, avril 20, 2007

Brickworks.

Yesterday, Son of Man and I biked to the Don Valley Brickworks, the site of old, abandoned brick factories in the Don Valley to do some shooting and exploring. It was great. It's always lovely to have a patient biking partner (my bike moves VERY slowly, since it's stuck on one gear) and a fun companion to shoot with. I'm remorseful however, because though the colours of the brick, graffiti, and sky were amazing, I was only armed with one roll of 35mm colour film. I had to shoot the rest on a roll of Ilford black & white 35mm and one black & white medium format roll for my Holga. Son of Man took some great digi shots though. Perhaps he'll put them up sometime after he's gotten them off my Canon.

I think another trip must be taken. This time, I will arm myself with much film of all assortments, especially medium format slide film. Does anyone want to come with? I'm thinking sometime in May, before the transformation of the BrickWorks is fully underway.

Here's some shots taken with the SLR and scanned in (hence, the grain on the pictures). I'll put more up when the Holga shots and the B&W 35mm are developed. As a funny aside, while we were shooting, a girl who was also there asked us if we went to Rosedale.... I think she thought we were still in High School. It's good to know that even though I'm graduating, I can still pass for a 17-year-old.








5 commentaires:

Justin Alm a dit...

I really like the last photo. It reminds me of 90s rap music videos. Very cool.

Jess Versteeg a dit...

whoa. for a moment, I thought he had a mullet. and it made me giggle

Jonathan P a dit...

Woah... Jrob doesn't look like Jrob in that one picture. HAHA and Lydia the girl thought you were 17 cuz your too short ;) (JOKES... your height means nothing)

And OH MAN... but Lydia they're are other crazy people like you willing to lick subway poles. Don't even know if this was for anything even....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9wMaZWTfAw

amac a dit...

those are pretty wicked colours.

u could've pushed josh into the water on one of them

lowonthego a dit...

he was wearing white bermudas. that would've been cruel. haha.