dimanche, mai 27, 2007

donculous weekend.

Saturday: 5 hours spent commuting back and forth from/to church.
Sunday: 1 hour commuting home from church.

It was pouring outside. I was wearing all white. So I made a run for it, took the shortcut (it was daytime!!).... and as I rounded the corner, a man pulled down his pants, grabbed out his parts. I won't describe this in detail.
I made it home shaken, but safe...only to realize I had left my house keys at church. Locked out, soaking and grumpy, I commuted back to Scarborough and then back home. Round Trip: 2 hours.

***
"Low on the go" would be an accurate depiction of this weekend. As I sat on the subway for the 4th time today (after I got home with keys in hand, I went out again to meet some friends), I started to cry, and begged God to fill me with His Spirit. I felt physically and emotionally tired from the weekend.

Other than sleeping (12 hours between 3 days), I've spent less than 4 hours at home this weekend. During this process of support raising, I've found myself disgustingly envious of friends who have fifteen to twenty appointments in the week. I've found myself questioning why I don't have that many appointments. It is so easy to compare and wonder what I am doing wrong. And yet, this weekend really reminded me that though I am a Martha, I really need to be like Mary. Today, I gave up a badly needed sabbath, something that I resolved I would not do during this time of support raising. Now, I realize that the sabbath isn't for naught. To sit at Jesus' feet and choose the better portion is not a recommendation. It is a command. It is easy for me to try and play Jack Bauer. In my head, I OUGHT to be better than other people. I ought to be capable of handling many appointments and doing everything at once. I ought to be the extrovert that feeds off of relationships. I ought to be able to stay up for 24 hours and save the world from destruction. The truth is, however, I'm not Jack Bauer. Heck, I'm not even male (although, some people at NCAC might argue otherwise...). I am an introvert, and though I am capable of doing many things, it is not always wise to do so many things. I need to live life at a pace that is sustainable, and which leaves God as my number one priority. There are many things to be worried and bothered about, but in the end, it was Mary who chose the good part, which would last into eternity.

4 commentaires:

pri a dit...

i can't believe you got flashed......again. :s.

i mis you!

Silas a dit...

this is a totally different toronto than i've ever known. you keep on running into the weirdest!

amac a dit...

stinking flashers..

i've been working through some of these same issues.. like I'm pretty happy to be aat 15% support, but if i get 15% a month, that'll put me at 45%... so where's the other 55% gonna come from?

anyhow, best wishes this week

Sid S. a dit...

what is it with u and creepers... and creepers who truly SHOW how creepy they can get.. if itz not flashers, itz old women who try to beat u up.

maybe ur lyk a creeper magnet... lolz.


you're my friend =)


just think, i don't even have any appointments.. in fact, i don't even have a friggin' VACA!!! so smile, there's always one person who's worse than u :P